X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex999
    • Jun 2006

B&W MM1 or LM1?

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a new pair of speakers for my desktop computer. I'll probably try to buy a used pair from here or Audiogon. I'm wondering if you can advice the difference in quality and your own experience. New MM1 goes for $499.00 at my local B&W reseller in Calgary, but I've seen used LM1 pair on Audiogon for al little as $175.00

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate it. By the way, if anybody is offering to sell either MM1 or LM1 please let me know.

Thank you,
    Alex
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

alex999,

I have the MM1's. They are quite good, and better in the bass department than anticipated. Very compact. they are designed exactly for what you are considering them for. They are a complete system. Processing, amplifaction and speakers.

The LM1's are good speakers as well. I used a set for a desktop I had. Worked quite well. But you need processing and amplification. So the cost difference might not be that great at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• ShadowZA
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I have the MM1's too. I'm using them in a stereo setup connected to my desktop computer via USB. IMHO, they're fantastic for nearfield computer duties and don't requite extra processing and amplification. Best of luck with your decision.

Comment

• Alex999
        • Jun 2006

Thanks guys. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a good deal soon. My dealer usually has very good sales for Boxing day.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"