X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mal01
    • Apr 2009

buying used

Hey guys, this is my first post, although i have been lirking for awhile. I am thinking of buying some used speakers on audiogon. They are dealer demo`s that are 2 years old and have about 450 hrs according to the dealer. He says its time to swap them out to get some new one`s in there.
    Based on this info does this sound normal to you guys?

Thanks
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mal01
    Hey guys, this is my first post, although i have been lirking for awhile. I am thinking of buying some used speakers on audiogon. They are dealer demo`s that are 2 years old and have about 450 hrs according to the dealer. He says its time to swap them out to get some new one`s in there.
    Based on this info does this sound normal to you guys?

Thanks
    Its normal for dealers to sell demo equipment, and there are often good deals to be found. My experience has been that when buying demos the warranty starts from the time you buy it, and not from the time they started off as demos.

Comment

• Horacio
      • Jan 2005

Check the seller's reputation/feedback on Audiogon (on the item for sale page, under the seller's name you'll see a "view feedback" link). Many people buy and sell on Audiogon on a regular basis. My guess would be a retailer that does it and behaves well would have several people providing feedback from a while back. If all the feedback you see is rather recent...then ask them why this is so...or just pass...

my .0001 cents

Comment

• quan325i
        • Apr 2005

All my gears were bought used from audiogon ranging from $50-$6K and I never had any problem. The key is to go with the trust worthy seller by their feedbacks. Audiogon sets it aparts from other online classifieds because of its integrity from audiophile community, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"