THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS is....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS is....

DEATHLY.

My, my, what a waste of Geoffrey Rushs' talent. This biopic from HBO tries to be something original but ends up falling flat on its face. For one thing it spends most of its two hours concentrating on Peter Sellers' obsession with acting. He so loses himself in a role that he loses his own identity through most of his life. Well, perhaps he did to some degree, but I hardly believe it was as bad as depicted in this film. At times the film becomes surreal: Peter takes on the identity of his mother, his father, etc., and it comes across as just plain stupid. Also wasted is Charlize Theron as Britt Ekland, Sellers' second wife, though she does a fair job portraying her, considering the flimsy material she had to work with.

I have admired Peter Sellers for many years. He was no doubt a genius, and genius's are not your normal type of person, to be sure. But his great talent deserved a better attempt than this HBO mess.

No stars here.
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"