X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Help to decide between the CM9 and 683!

I need some help to decide which B&W speaker to get, it's between the CM9 and 683.

Is there anybody who have compared the two?

I like the sound of the 683,the full and low bass and the mid but the treble could be a tad sweeter(but it's not bad).

The CM9 is not yet in Denmark,so I can not do a side by side test.
    I can see by the specs of the CM9 that it doesn't go as deep in the bass as the 683 do, but is that something you can hear or fell missing when the music plays? And what about the mid and treble in the CM9 compared to the 683?

I would love some input guys!

Best mikael and happy easter to all
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I have not compared them, but you could get the 683 since it's available there, and use tube components to give them that sweet sound.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• btf1980
      • Aug 2007

I've heard both extensively, and personally, I would just wait until the CM9 becomes available so you could compare. IMO - the CM9 is the superior speaker, but don't let my opinion sway you, wait until you can compare them yourself. If you go with the 683 now, you will always ask yourself "what if".
      A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"