X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

B&W CM9 with Rotel 15 series?

Has anybody heard the new 15 series with the new B&W CM9 speaker? And if so how does it sound?
    I have tried the 683 with my old 10series from Rotel and I liked it,but there where something missing, I then tried the 804 but with Rotel it is a bit to thin in the overall sound, so I am hoping the CM9 would be somewhere in between the other two. The CM9 is not available in Denmark until may :cry:
  • Horacio
    • Jan 2005

Audition the 804 with better amplification and decide if you like it. If you do, I suggest you get them and whenever possible replace the Rotel amp for better amplification. To me Rotel is great value, but once you get to the 800-series those speakers start showing the Rotel's limitations. I had the RB1080 with CM4 and was very happy, then got the 804s and eventually replaced the 1080 with McIntosh MC275 (tubes). It doesn't need to be tubes, though. McIntosh, Classe, Levinson, etc are some solid state amps that many like with B&W 800-series.

But the single most important thing is for you to go and listen for yourself. Of course the downside of that is that once you know...you know and there's no way to un-know!!! :B

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"