X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Rotel RB 1072 with B&W 683

I have tested Rotel RB 1072 with B&W 683 this weekend,and I must sat it is one of the best combo's I have heard yet.

The bass is power full and punchy,not to warm and not to lean.That can be adjusted be putting the speaker closer to or further from the wall.

The midrange is neutral and pleasent to the ear.It has the right body to voices and instruments.

The treble is god.maybe a bit grainy sometimes with some S and T sounds,but so has our voices in real life too.But it is not harsh nor brigth.

The overall balance of the combo is neutral, but the midrange has a bit higher output than the rest of the speaker,and that can make the bass sound a bit lean or lacking for some types of music(pop and new wave and Erasure and pet Shop Boys etc)
    I know it is the speaker that has this character and not the RB 1072.I know this because with my own speakers when I first got the RB 1072 and compared it to my RB 1090.The treble and midrange with the RB 1072 was a bit more laid back than the RB 1090.

If I had to buy my new speakers today, I would run out and get a set of B&W 683 for sure.But that is not the case,so I will wait a few months to see if we get a new 7 series or some bigger CM models.I listen to a lot of Erasure and Pet Shop Boys and for that type of music the perfect speaker would be the 683 with a bit more bass and a slightly more laid back midrange.(hopefully we will get that in a new 7 series or bigger CM models)

My Rotel setup is now as follows.: RSP 1098, RB 1072, RCD 1072, RT 1080 and RDV 1092 with AudioQuest cables.The only thing missing is a couple of RB 1072( so I can do a 5,1 or 7,1 cinema) and some B&W speakers.
  • zurm
    • Jul 2008

Hi everybody! Anyone else has heard the combo rotel rb 1072 with B&W 683 ? I'm planning to put these together behind a yamaha 3800 receiver. I look for better image, bass with more punch, more accurate hights and more controled bass. You think I can expect all these things just by adding the rotel at the bottom of the yam?

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

Hallo Mikael,

do you have:
      RSP 1098, RB 1072, RCD 1072, RT 1080 and RDV 1092.(B&W683) no center and rear?

Personaly I will go it a Rmb1077 or 1085/1076 if they are available in your country.

The RB1072 for the main speakers... the rmb1077 what do you prefer...

if you see long and your futur come a B&W 804 or so like that make
      a Rb1092 for the "futur" serie 8" and another rb 1072 for rear and center...
      = 6 channel --> event. bi-map. the center....

sub: I like the PV1, rear 685. center with 683 htm61? or a go second hand htm4s... but I don't no how muh is your budget7idea to go out for the HT....

greetings Omar

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by style
        Hallo Mikael,

do you have:
        RSP 1098, RB 1072, RCD 1072, RT 1080 and RDV 1092.(B&W683) no center and rear?

Personaly I will go it a Rmb1077 or 1085/1076 if they are available in your country.

The RB1072 for the main speakers... the rmb1077 what do you prefer...

if you see long and your futur come a B&W 804 or so like that make
        a Rb1092 for the "futur" serie 8" and another rb 1072 for rear and center...
        = 6 channel --> event. bi-map. the center....

sub: I like the PV1, rear 685. center with 683 htm61? or a go second hand htm4s... but I don't no how muh is your budget7idea to go out for the HT....

greetings Omar
        Hi Style

You are right on with the electronics but I don't got any B&W speakers yet,I am waiting for the new CM models or perhaps a new 7 series,if that is on the way(new 7 series).
        I'll start with only some new fronts and do a 2,0 setup, and then down the road buy a center and surrounds with 2 or 3 RB 1072 as power.
        best Mikael

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi Mikael,

I dont now over a new serie 7... but if come will be sure a great speaerks...
          (I had in the past the 703 and htm7..)

you will make a HT room or your interessing over movies is not a priority?

for a 2 channel system the 683 or the new coming CM /serie 7 ... you go
          without problems....
          A stereo system with the "pre" Rps1098 dont give you problems but but the
          the rsp1098 is (a little wasted) for a 2-channel system. OR?
          Befor buy a new speaker see what do you will/need in your future...
          dont buy a speaker only for the price and in a par month "say: was better if I have buyed this or this other speaker...
          -> Who more spends less "waste"
          Better buy once and not buy many times to get to what was already in your head at departure!

greetings Omar

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"