Need advise in deciding on 700 series for HT setup.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pramod
    • Dec 2005

Need advise in deciding on 700 series for HT setup.

Greetings to all of you,

Folks, I need some advise to help out my dear friend who is dependent on me to take a decision. we have a B&W sale with good discounts on 700 series. and the dealer is advising us to go for the following below (with our budget and can be stretched little further but not much.)

704 Front (Rose-nut)
    HTM 7 Center (Rose-nut)
    600 S3 surround (calvados) (He does not have 705's. if he ha that would have been great)
    ASW 675 (calvados)

For ASW-675 he does not have Rose-nut, so he is saying to go for calvados color which he says is near match with the rose nut fronts and center.

600S3 Calvados as surround.

now I need help in knowing the following:

1. Is HTM 7 center match for 704's from the B&W or any other center??

2. Will 600 go as sourround with the 700 series front stage? or will it be a huge difference or it is ok to live with?? (his taste is 70% HT and 30% music, not much of concert or multi channel music)

3. Will ASW 675 go with the 700 series for HT usage?

4. are calvados color is near match for Rose-nut's color?? or any other suggestion?

5. we are getting a discount from 35% on 704's, and 40% on HTM 7, and 30% on ASW 675, and 40% on 600S3's. is this good?

we are eagerly awaiting for all your inputs /help / insight from you all beautiful people of this B&W helpful forum.

Thx in advance from both of us.
    Last edited by pramod; 08 April 2009, 03:18 Wednesday. Reason: typo
  • Antus
    • Apr 2008

i found the new CM9 sound better than 704.
    HTM4 is a lot better than CM center.
    600 S3 seems like old model. the new model should be 685.

maybe u can consider 704/htm4/685/ASW700
    or an all CM series. CM9/CMC2/CM5/CMsub

Comment

• altanpsx
      • Nov 2008

1) HTM7 is well suited with 704's
      2) There will not be huge difference? Indeed I do 'not think you will feel any difference
      3) No idea? It mostly depend on the space you will use. IMO if it is produce enogh bass for the space, it will suit well
      4) ?
      5) Good discounts...

My answers depend on your questions. I consider, these are your only options. Of course buying new CM series would be a wiser choice. But it will will cost you nmore greens...

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

The HTM7 is the best center channel for the 704s and that would be the one to get.

The DM600S3 will work fine for a rear channel. A pair of DM601S3s would be better if they are available.

The ASW675 will work great with the 700 Series. The ASW700 is not much different than the ASW675 so he should be fine.

B&W didn't make Rosenut in the 600 Series 3 line up so Calvados is the closest to Rosenut. Also, the 700 Series has real wood veneers and the 600 Series is vinyl so even if they had the same color available, it wouldn't look exactly the same.

Those discounts are very good.

Eric

Comment

• pramod
          • Dec 2005

Thx Folks,

Yeah, I'd love to go for CM series but as rightly said, it will cost more $$$. are there any other suggestions from other folks???
          we are waiting waiting waiting....

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            The HTM7 is the best center channel for the 704s and that would be the one to get.

The DM600S3 will work fine for a rear channel. A pair of DM601S3s would be better if they are available.

The ASW675 will work great with the 700 Series. The ASW700 is not much different than the ASW675 so he should be fine.

B&W didn't make Rosenut in the 600 Series 3 line up so Calvados is the closest to Rosenut. Also, the 700 Series has real wood veneers and the 600 Series is vinyl so even if they had the same color available, it wouldn't look exactly the same.

Those discounts are very good.

Eric
            Thx Eric, and others for the input.

Nice to know that our initial setup suggestion is going to work.... that is what we ware not sure about the SUB and center and surround. now got the answer thx again folks for suggestions. any more to come inn.. please do come inn we are waiting waiting.
            Last edited by pramod; 08 April 2009, 10:42 Wednesday. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"