X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquaanox
    • Feb 2007

B&W 700 series in rosenut or walnut .. pictures please

searched and searched but cannot find good high res pictures of the 700 series in these 2 finishes. My local dealer only has black in stock to look at.

I current have the new CM series in wenge, but am looking to get the 700 purely for looks.. the wife is not crazy about the CMs in the living room, though they sound amazing.
  • Cambs12
    • Jul 2006

Hi,

The first thread on this forum is worth a look,'show pictures of your set up' or something like.. You may well find some decent pictures there.Failing that,try emailing B&W help dept,they may be able to send you some either by email or post.I have found them most helpful in the past.

good luck! :T

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Did you check the UK site (as opposed to B&W USA) ? There's a couple images of the 703 in Rosenut available for download.

Comment

• aquaanox
        • Feb 2007

thanks for the link.. the B&W pictures thread doesnt really have much of 700's in rosenut.. anyway, talked a couple of local dealers today. They all said that the 700 series might be discontinued this year and to wait a few months and see what happens... according to the manager, the CM was outselling the entire line-up. yes, the cm's do sound great, and i guess since the 700's dont have the fst driver, its hard to justify the extra couple o hundred they list at.. anyway, time will tell thanks again.

Comment

• BassThatHz
          • Jul 2006

Here is a link to a zip file of every 700 series b&w speaker I have ever come across while browsing the internet over the pass couple years.
          Most sources include: ebay, audiogon, videogon, this site, other sites, audio magazines, CES reports...you name it!

Now ask me about all of the other series too :W :rofl:

Comment

• hifiguymi
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by aquaanox
            thanks for the link.. the B&W pictures thread doesnt really have much of 700's in rosenut.. anyway, talked a couple of local dealers today. They all said that the 700 series might be discontinued this year and to wait a few months and see what happens... according to the manager, the CM was outselling the entire line-up. yes, the cm's do sound great, and i guess since the 700's dont have the fst driver, its hard to justify the extra couple o hundred they list at.. anyway, time will tell thanks again.
            The 703 has the FST midrange just not the rest of the line up.

The 600 Series is going to be replaced in about 60-90 days, but I don't think the 700 Series is going anywhere. I'll try to find out and post it here.

Eric

Comment

• Ted
              • May 2006

Originally posted by aquaanox
              searched and searched but cannot find good high res pictures of the 700 series in these 2 finishes. My local dealer only has black in stock to look at.

I current have the new CM series in wenge, but am looking to get the 700 purely for looks.. the wife is not crazy about the CMs in the living room, though they sound amazing.
              aquaanox, I have the 703 (with FST) in Rosenut. If you want me to e-mail you some pictures, send me a private message and I can take some pictures and get them to you. Personally, I love the Rosenut.
              Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• newbiemex
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                The 703 has the FST midrange just not the rest of the line up.

The 600 Series is going to be replaced in about 60-90 days, but I don't think the 700 Series is going anywhere. I'll try to find out and post it here.

Eric
                Being interested in the 600 series that's big news, do you a link where I can get more info? Or just tell me all you know about it

Thanks.

Comment

• mselescu
                  • Aug 2006

B&W 703 (rosenut, with FST midrange)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• scanido
                    • Apr 2006

mselescu - where did you get those silver plates under the speaker spike? Do they work well?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by newbiemex
                      Being interested in the 600 series that's big news, do you a link where I can get more info? Or just tell me all you know about it

Thanks.
                      I'll have more info on the new 600 Series in a month or so. Our rep hasn't solidified a date he'll be here yet. There's nothing on the internet about it yet that I know of. B&W just showed them to the reps at the beginning of the month.

Eric

Comment

• aquaanox
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mselescu
                        B&W 703 (rosenut, with FST midrange)
                        they look beautiful!!! thanks. ill post a picture of my setup here as well tonight.

Comment

• Glen B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by scanido
                          mselescu - where did you get those silver plates under the speaker spike? Do they work well?
                          All of the online high-end retailers carry various brands of discs that go under spikes. They work great at protecting wood floors fro being damaged by spikes.

The world's largest online retailer of high-end audio, audiophile music, and accessories. We specialize in vinyl records and turntables.

Comment

• scanido
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                            I'll have more info on the new 600 Series in a month or so. Our rep hasn't solidified a date he'll be here yet. There's nothing on the internet about it yet that I know of. B&W just showed them to the reps at the beginning of the month.

Eric
                            How do they look?

Comment

• mselescu
                              • Aug 2006

scanido: chrome plates made by Oehlbach.

Oehlbach bietet hochwertige Audiokabel, Stromversorgungs- und AV-Zubehörprodukte für Heimkino und Musik. Entdecken Sie unsere breite Produktpalette, die durch Qualität, Innovation und ansprechendes Design überzeugt. Bestellen Sie einfach online und profit

Comment

• scanido
                                • Apr 2006

Thanks GlenB & mselescu, i'll check these out.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"