X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ray5
    • Dec 2008

802D with Rotel 1575

I have been eyeing the 802D's lately for my HT, I love the looks and performance of the 802D but am concerned that when I read the forums people don't feel Rotel does them justice and recommend Macintosh or Classe. I don't consider myself an audiophile and strongly feel that I'll never spend >4000$ on electronics. So here is the question, knowing that I'll not buy those ultra high end amps will it make sense to get these speakers with Rotel 1575 and Biamp them and use the last channel for HTM 2D as the center now . My plans later would be to get the 1572 later as a stereo amp for them and use the 1575 for my other speakers when I get my surrounds? I'll be using the Rotel 1570 as my pre/pro.
    Thanks,
  • WelshOne
    • Jan 2009

To my eyes the 1575 is not configured very well to allow biamping. Take a look at the back of the unit? And the 1570 has only one set of main FR/FL pre outs. I think to biamp you may have to use a y splitter phono lead. Probably not the best option when using speakers of that calibre?

I would like to be proved wrong though, as ive also considered biamping using the 1575?

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

ray5,

Do you have a B&W/Rotel dealer in your area? If so they should have no problem hooking up a 1575 to the 802D's.

I'm curious too, let us know what you decide!
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by ray5
        I have been eyeing the 802D's lately for my HT, I love the looks and performance of the 802D but am concerned that when I read the forums people don't feel Rotel does them justice and recommend Macintosh or Classe. I don't consider myself an audiophile and strongly feel that I'll never spend >4000$ on electronics. So here is the question, knowing that I'll not buy those ultra high end amps will it make sense to get these speakers with Rotel 1575 and Biamp them and use the last channel for HTM 2D as the center now . My plans later would be to get the 1572 later as a stereo amp for them and use the 1575 for my other speakers when I get my surrounds? I'll be using the Rotel 1570 as my pre/pro. Thanks,
        Check out Emotiva XPA1it is designed in the US and made in China like Rotel, Parasound, and many others

The big difference you don't pay for over inflated prices :B
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

You mean over inflated pay rates - like yours (and mine) I would be guessing.

Its hard not to buy stuff made in China as most modern consumer products come from Asia, and I don't begrudge them the benefits that will eventually flow their way, but I think it a little unkind to call the wages of working Americans and other similar countries that often hand build hifi gear "over inflated". I doubt that the guy building Macintosh or Classe gear drives home in a BMW.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"