X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zx_toth
    • Apr 2009

Rotel 1570 pre/pro & 3D pass through

Hello everyone,

I was directed here for a thread on the Rotel 1570 pre/pro & 3D passthrough but seems like some of the older threads no longer exist. Can anyone comment on how to achieve 3D passthrough for the Rotel 1570 pre/pro.

I have a Oppo 105 BDP which has dual HDMI out which allows for AV splitting. I just cant figure out the settings on the Rotel to allow for HDMI audio only.

Thanks ahead of time.
  • wildpanda86
    • Jul 2009

Why would you want the audio to go through the HDMI? If you do that, might as well get the bdp-103.

Take advantage of the audiophile DAC's in the 105 by using the 7.1 analogue outs for the audio. Take further advantage of the seperate 2 channel DAC's by connecting another set of analogues to a different input on the 1570... Id label one as Blu-Ray and the other as CD.

As far as passthrough... Should be on the settings menu of the Rotel... I think its already setup as a passthrough.

Comment

• zx_toth
      • Apr 2009

Thanks for the great help. I will do this. Sometimes when you get overwhelmed with the options and 96 page manual you lose sight of the best option.

Originally posted by wildpanda86
      Why would you want the audio to go through the HDMI? If you do that, might as well get the bdp-103.

Take advantage of the audiophile DAC's in the 105 by using the 7.1 analogue outs for the audio. Take further advantage of the seperate 2 channel DAC's by connecting another set of analogues to a different input on the 1570... Id label one as Blu-Ray and the other as CD.

As far as passthrough... Should be on the settings menu of the Rotel... I think its already setup as a passthrough.

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Very much agreed. Definitely take advantage of the Oppo DAC's since they will be far superior to the Rotel's for both BD's and CD playback.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"