X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardB
    • Jul 2010

Should I swap my Rotel 1570 for a SSP-600

Hi all,

I am contemplating swapping my current processor (Rotel 1570 + small amount of cash) for a Classe SSP-600. I understand I will be forfiting HDMI and the new HD sound codex, but will be gaining an increase in sound quality and clarity. I currently have a Pioneer LX-91 as a source, so this can decode hd sound for me and output the picture straight to the panel. I am unable to listen to the processor so it will be a blind buy.

Should I do the swap?

Would the SSP-600 not fit within my setup? (Rotel 1575, Pioneer LX-91, B&W CM series speakers, M&K MX125 sub)

Thanks

Rich
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

I did something similar and didnt look back. Keep in mind you can still use HDMI by simply buying a HDMI switcher will allow you to use multimple HDMI sources.

The main reason I did it was to upgrade the audio quality for music since it all comes off one system for me.

BTW a full spec lossy found on BD is better then the lossy found on DVD. A high quality processor will do a much better job with lossy audio then a lower quality one does with lossless. I have never heard a Rotel 1570 but I changed my Rotel 1069 for a Classe SSP 600 and was very happy with the change.

Food for thought...and your YMMV

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RichardB
      I am contemplating swapping my current processor (Rotel 1570 + small amount of cash) for a Classe SSP-600. I understand I will be forfiting HDMI and the new HD sound codex, but will be gaining an increase in sound quality and clarity.
      Go for it! You will experience a big jump in audio quality and versatility. As good as Rotel is, Classé is quite a step up. Not having HDMi shouldn't be too much of a problem either, you can either use an external switch or use component video. Your Pioneer LX-91 contains an internal decoder for the HD formats, so you can connect it to the SSP-600's 7.1 audio input.

- Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• ray5
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RichardB
        Hi all,

I am contemplating swapping my current processor (Rotel 1570 + small amount of cash) for a Classe SSP-600. I understand I will be forfiting HDMI and the new HD sound codex, but will be gaining an increase in sound quality and clarity. I currently have a Pioneer LX-91 as a source, so this can decode hd sound for me and output the picture straight to the panel. I am unable to listen to the processor so it will be a blind buy.

Should I do the swap?

Would the SSP-600 not fit within my setup? (Rotel 1575, Pioneer LX-91, B&W CM series speakers, M&K MX125 sub)

Thanks

Rich
        Not as a blind buy unless you rely on this seller.

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

do keep in mind there are only 2 optical inputs on the SSP 600.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"