X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William
    • Aug 2006

HTM1D height help

I have a HTM1D on (back)order and need some help with the height. I have a HDM2D on a B&W stand with spike feet on a carpeted floor. The top of the tweeter height is 25" from the floor and I have about 1/2" room left. I would like for the HDM1D to be the same hight (25 to 25.5") but B&W says 23" without feet. How tall can the HDM1D be with feet?
    Last edited by William; 28 January 2009, 13:10 Wednesday.
  • William
    • Aug 2006

Just for kicks does anyone own a HDM1D? Also can you measure the top of the tweeter hight from floor and also tell me how (and how much) the feet adjust?

Comment

• crytklmass
      • Dec 2008

The HTM1D is specifically intended to be mounted on the floor, its low profile allowing a large projection screen to come within 600mm (2 ft) of the floor. Supplied with the system are four heavy-duty height-adjustable feet. This design allows up to 40mm (1.6 in) of vertical adjustment so that the speaker may be tilted back to face more towards the listeners. They have a case hardened spike at one end for carpeted floors, and a non-marking rubber pad on the other for more vulnerable surfaces. Source: B&W
      I own an HTM2D with the FS-HTM Stand, as far as I know the above is intended. You weren't planning on using the FS-HTM stand for you HTM1D were you?
      When your speaker arrives, please, please, write a review. I was considering upgrading but the cost is a big jump. my salesman does not have one on display. I would love to hear it before purchasing. Are you placing your speaker in front of your t.v.? this probably won't help much, but I sold my FS-HTM stand and mounted a shelf behind and above my 67" t.v. and placed my HTM2D on the shelf. I think it sounds better on the shelf not to mention it no longer in front of my amps and pre-amp and im not worried about my children or anyone else bumping into it etc.
      BOB

Comment

• William
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by crytklmass
        I own an HTM2D with the FS-HTM Stand, as far as I know the above is intended. You weren't planning on using the FS-HTM stand for you HTM1D were you?
        When your speaker arrives, please, please, write a review. I was considering upgrading but the cost is a big jump. my salesman does not have one on display. I would love to hear it before purchasing. Are you placing your speaker in front of your t.v.? this probably won't help much, but I sold my FS-HTM stand and mounted a shelf behind and above my 67" t.v. and placed my HTM2D on the shelf. I think it sounds better on the shelf not to mention it no longer in front of my amps and pre-amp and im not worried about my children or anyone else bumping into it etc.
        I plan on setting it on the floor. My bottom of my screen is 24.5" above the floor and because of the angle I can go about 1" above that without protruding into the screen view. Guess I will just have to wait and see how it sits since no one seems to have one to measurer. If it's an inch or two short I plan on maybe cutting a 1" inch thick board to a template of the speaker bottom and setting on it. I will write a review ASAP (I wish next week but...) and let you know the differences.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"