X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalman
    • May 2007

Need floor spike solution for N802 and ASW4000

I have B&W Nautilus 802's and an ASW4000 Sub and am looking for floor spike solutions for them both. B&W no longer supplies feet or spikes for these and could not even tell me how tell the feet are supposed to be for the sub.

The 802 has metal plates with a roller wheel on the bottom. If i remove the 3 screws it comes out and simply leaves a large approx 3" hole. I could make a plate to go over that and screw spikes into that i guess.

My ASW4000 has no feet at all. I am unsure how tall the factory feet are supposed to be but it is down ported and the pics look to be at least 2 inches I have thick carpet and padding so I would want a 3" spike for it i believe.
    It has a hole on the bottom that is about 1/2" diameter and I think I could get spikes with a threading piece i could put in there.

Any tips would be appreciated!
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

The spikes for the N802 are the same as for any 802/800 since, so no they maybe dont make the original foot kit but you can still buy from B&W a foot kit that works. So you just need to buy a kit for the diamonds, and it is even under the N802 on the parts page:

This shows what the feet look like on your sub:

Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• digitalman
      • May 2007

Thanks, that is good to know they are the same. Still over $500 for spikes is a bit expensive. I will have to think about that or continue to look for a 3rd party solution.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Why not leave them on the rollers? That's what I do.

There are thrid party spikes for the 802s but as they are deemed an 'upgrade' then they are generally more expensive and better made than the B&W ones. Which are very well made themselves so I cant see the point in a more over engineered solution.
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I hate to be a poo-pooer of fine audio but I just can't see how spikes could make any major (if any) difference in a speakers performance. Assuming the speakers were in the exact same location, I would love to see if someone blindfolded could tell the difference. I doubt it !!
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

Just a warning to beware. The original N802 used a different spike kit .

The new 802D came out with the model referred to above and was a reversible spike that had rubber feet on the other side for delicate surfaces.

This compares the two spikes.

Im not sure if they are compatible in terms of the spacing on the drilled holes. The reason I mention this is I had a problem with my new 800Di's. The three holes of the spikes would not align with the holes in the base. I suspect they mixed up versions(between the D's and Di's) when putting in the kit in the box. They had to send a new replacement kit to me after not one of the spikes would fit.

Comment

• TomScrut
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Nov 2013

The link I put to the parts website shows the new spike kit is compatible?

Also the castor is the same part number and that fits into the sane holes!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

• TomScrut
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by madmac
                I hate to be a poo-pooer of fine audio but I just can't see how spikes could make any major (if any) difference in a speakers performance. Assuming the speakers were in the exact same location, I would love to see if someone blindfolded could tell the difference. I doubt it !!
                Mine were slightly improved going onto spikes but not to the point of being worth the inconvenience of not being able to move them myself!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"