X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpirovol
    • Dec 2007

B&W Speaker Size

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a RSX-1550 with B&W 683front, HTM62Centre, 685rear. Just wondering what size speakers I should set the Rotel to? I have them set to large and Sub max so that the speakers get the bass as well. Is this correct?

Thanks T
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by tpirovol
    Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a RSX-1550 with B&W 683front, HTM62Centre, 685rear. Just wondering what size speakers I should set the Rotel to? I have them set to large and Sub max so that the speakers get the bass as well. Is this correct? Thanks T
    Small and that way your sub will do the heavy lifting, my 802D are set-up to small
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• kmcheng
      • Jan 2008

The 685 in the rear and the center should definitely be set to small. You can try setting the 683 to large and set subwoofer crossover to around 40hz. Subwoofers are difficult to fine tune so you may be better off using mostly the 683 for certain kinds of music.

If you use your speakers more for TV or movies then definitely set all speakers to small and let you sub do the heavy lifting.

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

If you are listening to music then setting the subwoofer crossover to around 80Hz is a good idea because the lowest note on a 4-string bass guitar is 41Hz and a kick drum is about 60Hz.

If you are watching movies then you can set the crossover a lot lower.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"