Switched original 803s jumpers with bare wire...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Switched original 803s jumpers with bare wire...

I replaced original 803s jumpers with some wire (not expensive Van Den Hull) with silver inside i guess.

I have to tell u that there is such a big difference in sound.. Everything more clear, bass tighter, beter soundstage.. Amazing difference with such a small tweak... If u use original jumpers that come with 800 series, replace with some better quality wire.. I think u'r ears would be rewared..

Enjoy

Darko
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I agree. Jumpers are an often overlooked area. This is definitely an area that a low cost tweak yields very nice results.

Comment

• style
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2006

the jumpers are very important to have a good sound.

I not only a marketing operation from the cables-brand....

If you go see all sepakers (B&W too - not always) they have a "simply" piece of steel "Golded???" to make bridge but a simply 15cm. of speaker cable is sure better....is the first info that you go have from a good dealer.

You can too see a crazy price for 15cm. cable...($. 800.- fo 4pcs.) 8O
      is really enough a "normal" cable and make the brigde to have great performance.

style

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Oh dear... threads like this get audiophiles a bad name. If you think a 2 inch bit of wire sounds better than a solid metal jumper then I'm happy for you, but best keep it to your self.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• style
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2006

Hi mjb,
          sure the difference is not epocale, day and night!!!
          we say only that is better a paar cm. speaker cable vs. a "solid? metal jumper".
          every speaker have a good "solid metal piece"?!?! some have a really good jumper metal others ...
          Clearly these details are really the limit ...but I have B&W speakers and I dont use the Solid metal jumper from B&W....only the serie 8 have a right jumper cable, the other, like serie 7, have only a piece of steel...and the 10cm. speakers cable is much better.

You say that the XLR are not important in 2-3 meter cable interconnects...
          for me with 1 meter the XLR make a big difference.

Style
          Last edited by style; 28 December 2008, 14:42 Sunday.

Comment

• specialized
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mjb
            Oh dear... threads like this get audiophiles a bad name. If you think a 2 inch bit of wire sounds better than a solid metal jumper then I'm happy for you, but best keep it to your self.

I tried again jumpers vs van den hull wire (the cable cost like 15 eur meter), and there is definitly difference in clearness of the sound.. I think that the reason is contact. This peace of silver wire i can bolt very strong on connectors, and if u analyse original B&W jumpers, one side u can screw very tight to the connector, but the other side u just plug, so maybe there is no solid contact which make not good sound. Any way. Difference is real and not just imagination. And everyone who are not doing biwire can try this, becouse it's very cheap tweak, and maybe it could be worth trying..

Greetings

Darko

Comment

• sunshdw
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mjb
              Actually "audiophiles" do it to themselves by posting responses like that. If it sounds better to him then great, if you think he's wrong you shouldn't rain on his parade.
              Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

• btf1980
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by sunshdw
                Actually "audiophiles" do it to themselves by posting responses like that. If it sounds better to him then great, if you think he's wrong you shouldn't rain on his parade.
                When I listen to vinyl, I like to put tin foil on my head. It gives me that warm sound that I love so much. Don't rain on my parade. It sounds better to me.
                A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• sunshdw
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by btf1980
                  When I listen to vinyl, I like to put tin foil on my head. It gives me that warm sound that I love so much. Don't rain on my parade. It sounds better to me.
                  And I thought I was the only one that did that :B
                  Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"