and this is in line with what I have read in forums and
    pro-reviews.

If I Bi-Wire both sets of termianls will be used so what
    do I do with the jumpers?

Appreciate any feedback. :W
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

If you bi-wire, leave the jumpers in the box. There is no need to use them at all.

Eric

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

You're better off getting better quality wire (single) than to get bi-wire.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• piperpilot
        • Jan 2008

Hi Tuddy,
        I just found this board, so I'm new here as well. I just bought a Rotel 1095 to power my B&W804S. I am single wiring my 804S at the moment with good speaker wire and they sound FANTASTIC. May try biwiring someday, but I'm very happy with my setup.

Regarding the 1095, I really think you will like it. I upgraded from a receiver to Rotel separates and it really made a difference and made the 804S come alive.

Cheers,
        John
        Last edited by piperpilot; 07 January 2008, 20:36 Monday.

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

And if you want to make them sound even better, get some SilverCats or KingCats interconnects... You'll think you just bought new equipment and speakers (seriously).

The silver interconnects over copper is a major increase in soundstage/detail/clairity/bass response. I highly recommend adding those as you can. Start off with just a L/R set and see where it goes from there.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I have posted my opinion elsewhere on this forum a couple of times after trying shotgun and biwire for myself on the 804s.

If you like the sound you are getting with "shotgun" single wire then there is the argument "why change". If you are about to purchase some new wires then rather that restating my opinion I will just recommend that you try both with a couple of familiar recordings. If you are like me the decision will be easy after that.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Tuddy
              • Jan 2008

thanks!

appreciate all the info :T

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"