X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

b&w 803s and McIntosh MC275?

Hi there.. I have read some reviews on MC275, and i start thinking that maybe it would be nice upgrade to my Rotel RB-1080.

So what do u think? Is McIntosh Tube MC275 worth considering for my 803s?
    Would be a improvement coparing to RB-1080?

Any experience with 803s and MC275? Or i should not thinking about Tube 75W amp? (150w bridged in mono, another tempting idea)

Darko
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by specialized
    Hi there.. I have read some reviews on MC275, and i start thinking that maybe it would be nice upgrade to my Rotel RB-1080.

So what do u think? Is McIntosh Tube MC275 worth considering for my 803s?
    Would be a improvement coparing to RB-1080?

Any experience with 803s and MC275? Or i should not thinking about Tube 75W amp? (150w bridged in mono, another tempting idea)

Darko

Darko,

I have a Mac SS amp driving 802D's. It's an excellent combo. It does all things effortlessly. I had Rotel before moving to Mac. The upgrade is substantial and is across the board (smoothness, detail, soundstage, bass, etc.). Mac's are definitely more expensive, but are truly high performance. There are fairly good deals on used Mac at audiogon and audioclassics.

I've read that tubes and B&W's are really good as well as not being good. The best thing to do is try to demo a 275 with the 803's.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by htsteve; 20 December 2008, 22:31 Saturday.

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

I have not heard them, but was told the tube amps work very well with the new Signature Diamond speakers.

Comment

• rednelb
        • Nov 2008

I have the 803s. I have had everything from 100w and up. The Mac amp is going to sound better, but your speakers deserve much more power.

Comment

• specialized
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by rednelb
          I have the 803s. I have had everything from 100w and up. The Mac amp is going to sound better, but your speakers deserve much more power.

Thank u.. Seem that my Rotel RB-1080 would stay for a while. I'm also thinking about Primare A32 (2 x 250w), but too bad i dont have a chance to hear it with my speakers

Darko

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I wouldn't dismiss the 275 without an audition. I kinda wish I had given one a go just out of curiosity, nothing wrong with what I have mind you, in fact its sounding real nice right now as it has just warmed up. Unlike solid state they are a bit more work but there is something attractive about their old school charm and many swear that tubes are where its at.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"