This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdika17
    • Oct 2008

SO gf really doesn't want me to paint the ceiling, it's white, and walls are gonna be a grey brownish color, is there anything i can do, maybe put some velvet up on ceiling near screen or leave it white and see how the color is affected by it?
    Chase

---------------------------------------------------
    Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Chase,

Are you planning to have the projector ISF calibrated (definitely something to do)? If yes, the calibration will take into account the ambient room lighting as it's calibrated. You've already knocked out quite a bit of potential reflective light surfaces in the room by painting the wall. Your picture will be very good after calibration.

Like you choice of subwoofer. And especially the calibrator. That should make a BIG difference.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• cdika17
        • Oct 2008

So the white cieling could then be alright if i get the ISF cal perhaps?
        Chase

Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by cdika17
          So the white cieling could then be alright if i get the ISF cal perhaps?

The ISF calibration will account for the ambient light in the room, including any off the ceiling. So while a white ceiling is not ideal, you would be taking it into account with the calibration. An ISF calibration is some of the best spend you can make for a system.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• cdika17
            • Oct 2008

Just talked to the guy that will be doing the isf, he strongly agrees with having the ceiling a dark flat color. so just need to do it and take the flack from gf. she'll get over it, and its my room!
            Chase

Comment

• htsteve
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by cdika17
              Just talked to the guy that will be doing the isf, he strongly agrees with having the ceiling a dark flat color. so just need to do it and take the flack from gf. she'll get over it, and its my room!

Ultimately, after putting so much effort into getting a great room, this is the best solution. Try a medium to dark grey, something that will tie in with the color for the walls.

Comment

• cdika17
                • Oct 2008

I was gonna maybe paint it the same as the walls and eventually put a white crown up for some contrast, since my baseborads and trim are white.
                Chase

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

it was suggested by the starter of this thread to move to a more appropriate venue, so sometime soon, if this is not BW related, we can relocate to home theater, or another more generalized section... not tonight though. but soon if that's the desire.
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• cdika17
                    • Oct 2008

Before

Before pics of the basement
                    Attached Files
                    Chase

Comment

• cdika17
                      • Oct 2008

After

After pics of basement
                      Attached Files
                      Chase

Comment

• cdika17
                        • Oct 2008

Recent items received

Just some of the gear i recieved in the last little while.
                        Attached Files
                        Chase

Comment

• cdika17
                          • Oct 2008

still waiting on the 1575 amp and wadia 170i, then im all set for now ahaha
                          Chase

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

Hi cdika17,

can you say the dimension from your room?

the solution 2 is the Top......open for upgrade in the future.... :T

Style

Comment

• htsteve
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Sep 2004

Chase,

Looking sweet. Looking forward to your report when it's all up and running.

Comment

• cdika17
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by style
                                Hi cdika17,

can you say the dimension from your room?

the solution 2 is the Top......open for upgrade in the future.... :T

Style
                                Room is 11.5wx21.25Lx8.6h.
                                Chase

Comment

• cdika17
                                  • Oct 2008

amp came in as well as the projector mount, hope to have it all installed tonight, will take pictures later.
                                  Chase

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                                    • May 2004

good choice on the 800s, should be a very nice setup when it's all up and running. not sure how much adjustment you have on the projector, but have you thought about bringing the screen down closer to eye level when sitting down? it seems you have quite a bit of room between the bottom of the screen to the center channel.

Comment

• cdika17
                                      • Oct 2008

Everything is all set up and running, havn't done any calibration to anything yet, but wow, sounds and looks amazing, friends and family are blown away.
                                      Chase

Comment

• cdika17
                                        • Oct 2008

Audio/video gear

Pre Amp, 7.1 - Denon 4311CI
                                        Amp, 5 X 250 - Rotel RMB-1575
                                        Power Conditioner - APC H15
                                        Projector - Mitsubishi HC7000
                                        Screen - 110" Carada - Brilliant White
                                        Fronts - Left and right - B&W Nautilus 805
                                        New Rears - B&W Nautilus 805*
                                        Center - B&W Nautilus HTM2
                                        Old Rears - JBL Stadium Series
                                        Subwoofer - SVS PC-Ultra Powered Cylinder Ultra Series
                                        Gaming - Black Wii
                                        Gaming - Microsoft Xbox360 elite 120gb
                                        Gaming/BluRay - Sony PS3
                                        Cable Provider - Telus TV
                                        HTPC
                                        10 TB NAS
                                        *Waiting on items.

Room is 11.5wx21.25Lx8.6h

Room before:

Room after:

Behind screen wall is the storage room, would like to move all the components in here on a rack.

Potential upgrades

Room Upgrades:
                                        Carpet room
                                        Add riser
                                        Add False wall, install corner bass traps
                                        Add stage
                                        Move components to storage room, build or buy a rack.
                                        Add doors
                                        Block out window, removable panel for fire code.
                                        Add side bar, counter top storage.

Equipment upgrades:
                                        Add in side surrounds, make room 7.2. These will be Nautilus 805’s as well.
                                        Add in 2nd sub, another svs-ultra, or sell current svs-ultra and go with fathoms.
                                        Add theater chairs.

Anything else i should look at doing? I know there can be a ton of things i can do, just trying to finish the room and get the basics done.

Thanks
                                        Chase

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                          • Dec 2008

Nicely done! Looks like a great environment to kick back in. :T
                                          Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                          Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                          B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                          Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                          Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• htsteve
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Sep 2004

Sweet. It turned out very nice.

Comment

• cdika17
                                              • Oct 2008

Proposed changes, let me know what you think.
                                              Attached Files
                                              Chase

Comment

• htsteve
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Sep 2004

Chase,

I like the proposed changes. Where would the rear speakers go? On the wall? Or the back ledge (is it big enough?)?

Also, a couple of thougths. The area rug in front. Can you turn that sideways. I suspect that will provide better first point floor coverage.

I also like your idea of multiple subs. As a Fathom owner, I heartily recommend one, or a pair, of these. Truly an awesome sub.

Hope this helps.
                                                Last edited by htsteve; 19 November 2010, 20:45 Friday.

Comment

• cdika17
                                                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                  Chase,

I like the proposed changes. Where would the rear speakers go? On the wall? Or the back ledge (is it big enough?)?

Also, a couple of thougths. The area rug in front. Can you turn that sideways. I suspect that will provide better first point floor coverage.

I also like your idea of multiple subs. As a Fathom owner, I heartily recommend one, or a pair, of these. Truly an awesome sub.

Hope this helps.
                                                  I am most likley gonna build a shelf that sits on ledge to hold the rear speakers, not quite big enough. Tilt shelf downward a bit.

For now turning the rug may help, would really like to carpet the floor thought, just need to figure that out. Im guessing i would need to pull up the laminet and put down under pad and so on.

My lone svs just doesn't put out as much as i would like.
                                                  Chase

Comment

Working...
                                                  😀
                                                  😂
                                                  🥰
                                                  😘
                                                  🤢
                                                  😎
                                                  😞
                                                  😡
                                                  👍
                                                  👎
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"