Dilemma! 4 X 805s or 2x 704s & 2x 705s ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EastCoaster
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JKalman
    The 803S of course. Much more there than on the 804S, which is why I was hoping you would demo it.
    I'm really looking forward to listening to these two, if only for fun. To drive either one (or four matched), I would need more power, no? Would my 7-Channel 910W (130W x 7) receiver be able to do the job?

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI East,
      Just FYI, check out my post concerning my Pocket Rocket system here

Sparky

Comment

• EastCoaster
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Karma
        HI East,
        Just FYI, check out my post concerning my Pocket Rocket system here

Sparky
        Sparky - first of all, sorry I didn't thank you earlier (I didn't see your post on this thread). This is a great, great analysis and very fun to read.. ;x(

Just to finish out this thread - I finally set up my 805s system today (four rosenut 805s, one HTM4, and an ASW700 (weakest link in the chain, soon to be upgraded)) and boy oh boy... All I have to say is: WOW! They sound amazing out of the box in my tiny living room: clear and warm, with crystal clear highs and spunky bass - I can't wait to see what a couple of weeks of breaking-in will do to them!

And then I hooked up my multi-channel audio and put on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon SACD on all six speakers, and it was absolutely awe-inspiring - I'm in love with these speakers!

Comment

• EastCoaster
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JKalman
          The 803S of course. Much more there than on the 804S, which is why I was hoping you would demo it.
          Jeff - a special thanks for all your help over the last few weeks in learning up on B&W speakers, and what makes them so great. I got all my 805s's and set them up this weekend, and I'm just bowled over by how great they are - just amazing!

I'll post some pictures once I clean up the living room and store the boxes!

And of course thanks to everyone else who posted on this thread and helped me along!

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI East,
            Thank you for your kind words. The other contributors to that thread deserve credit too. So, I will say thank you to them. That's probably what you meant.

Very glad you like your 805's. I love them too.

Sparky

Comment

• EastCoaster
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Karma
              HI East,
              Thank you for your kind words. The other contributors to that thread deserve credit too. So, I will say thank you to them. That's probably what you meant.

Very glad you like your 805's. I love them too.

Sparky
              Hi Sparky - yes, of course, everyone's help was much appreciated (I think I mentioned that in the next post). This forum is full of great people, very patient, very knowledgeable, and very welcoming - I'm very lucky to have found it!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

EastCoaster,

Thanks (on behalf of our members) and welcome

Geoff

Comment

• JimTW
                  • Apr 2005

EastCoaster,

Whatever you do... DO NOT audition the 804S, 803D, and 802D.
                  If you want to audition them, do them all at once, so you can
                  jump directly from ur 805S to the 802D. Okay, just kidding here. :roll:

All I'm saying is once you hear what the next level up has to offer,
                  you'll want to upgrade BAD! I remember listening to a bunch of 600
                  series speakers, thinking not bad.. not bad. Just out of curiousity,
                  I wanted to hear what the 804S sounded like... WOAH! Then I heard
                  the 803Ds for a preview of the diamond tweeters.. woah! Months later
                  I thought.. hmm. why not let me hear what the 802Ds sound like...
                  curious what those bowling ball mid range modules can do... and....
                  WUOoooooAHHHHhhhhhHHHHH. Unreal. Ofcourse, don't forget, the
                  electronics behind all these gears are also major steps upwards.

Just some thoughts from a newbie here. *wave*

Comment

• EastCoaster
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JimTW
                    All I'm saying is once you hear what the next level up has to offer, you'll want to upgrade BAD! I remember listening to a bunch of 600
                    series speakers, thinking not bad.. not bad. Just out of curiousity,
                    I wanted to hear what the 804S sounded like... WOAH! Then I heard
                    the 803Ds for a preview of the diamond tweeters.. woah! Months later
                    I thought.. hmm. why not let me hear what the 802Ds sound like...
                    curious what those bowling ball mid range modules can do... and....
                    WUOoooooAHHHHhhhhhHHHHH. Unreal.
                    Hey Jim! But what you didn't tell us is what you ended up buying? :lol:

In my case, I have to contend with: a light wallet, a very small listening room, and the need to buy four identical speakers plus matching center... I won't give up on the SACD experience, which is mind-blowing, and I even think HT sounds better with all matching speakers...

I have to say I agree with Sparky's previous posts on the 805S, they are superb in a small environment. And IMHO when paired up with a subwoofer in a city apartment situation (where you can get into tons of hassle by disturbing your neighbors), they are as good as it gets!

I'll go out on a newbie-limb and say that the combination of 4 x 805S and an HTM4, plus a sub (mine's the 700, but I'm going to upgrade), plus carefully measured placement, plus a favorite SACD, is a near religious experience! I've had friends over to demo my set-up, and when they sat in my "sweet spot" and heard what was coming out of these speakers, their jaw dropped and their eyes popped out... :B

I'm not saying I won't demo the 804's and 803's (can't afford much beyond that) but it's going to take a lot to make me shell out the extra bucks to upgrade from the near-perfect bubble of sound I'm getting from my six speakers right now... :T

Comment

• JimTW
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by EastCoaster
                      Hey Jim! But what you didn't tell us is what you ended up buying? :lol:

In my case, I have to contend with: a light wallet, a very small listening room, and the need to buy four identical speakers plus matching center... I won't give up on the SACD experience, which is mind-blowing, and I even think HT sounds better with all matching speakers...

I have to say I agree with Sparky's previous posts on the 805S, they are superb in a small environment. And IMHO when paired up with a subwoofer in a city apartment situation (where you can get into tons of hassle by disturbing your neighbors), they are as good as it gets!

I'll go out on a newbie-limb and say that the combination of 4 x 805S and an HTM4, plus a sub (mine's the 700, but I'm going to upgrade), plus carefully measured placement, plus a favorite SACD, is a near religious experience! I've had friends over to demo my set-up, and when they sat in my "sweet spot" and heard what was coming out of these speakers, their jaw dropped and their eyes popped out... :B

I'm not saying I won't demo the 804's and 803's (can't afford much beyond that) but it's going to take a lot to make me shell out the extra bucks to upgrade from the near-perfect bubble of sound I'm getting from my six speakers right now... :T
                      Oh I agree with you. I'm waiting for the right time to get me a pair of
                      805S. This is after months of consideration, heck, I might go back to
                      wanting a pair of 804S's tomorrow. =D

Enjoy your sweet system!!!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"