X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

B&W 805D

I would love to hear the 805D if and when may be B&W where to make them available? For a small room or as monitor speakers
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I've heard them. Only they are called the Signature Diamond.

If you think about it, they are a two way speaker in a fancy cabinet with diamond tweeters.

Would a straight 805 with a diamond tweeter really cut it? On balance I would go with an 804s over a 805D. Why? Vocals, the all important midrange. Plus the current tweeter in the S series is pretty darn good. Yes the diamond is a more sophisticated performer, nice to have, but to make the 805D truely worth it you would need to have better midrange performance as well - otherwise its more of a style thing in my opinion.

Wettou, maybe you are looking for signature diamond performance in an 805 style cabinet?

When I purchased I had the choice (in my budget) of the signature 805 (at 804S price), 805S or 804S. The signatures were the last ones the dealer had and they were not floor stock. I had read a review that put the audio performance of the 805S above the N805 signatures. As much as I loved the cabinets on those things my preference was to spend the money on the sound. Thats just my opinion of course. That being said, if I had gone for the signatures I most likely would still love them as much as I enjoy my 804S (and my non hifi friends would have understood my purchase a little more because of the more subtle and sassy looks).
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Allegiance
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
      I've heard them. Only they are called the Signature Diamond.
      805D's don't exist dude

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

@Allegiance :T

805D's don't exist dude
        but we have Photoshop ops:

Omar

Comment

• videophile
          • Sep 2008

Maybe B&W is going to release 805D and 804D to complement with the rest of the Diamond series: 800D, 801D, 802D and 803D. Were there confirmed reports about 805D?

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

How much trouble did I get into for posting this last time, mostly for crimes against photoshop

Gotta love the internet
            Attached Files
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"