X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

HTM1D is AWESOME !!!!! (Updated) Fotos

Update: I added a shelf underneath the htm1D to raise it 9cm. You can see the difference before and after as the shot with the dog sleeping is before.

Well Guys the HTM1D arrived and it is AWESOME. It is not in the same league as the htm2d no comparison. There are sounds coming out of it that are just too good to be true.

I have it angled (raked) up so an imaginary line thru the tweeter goes directly like a viewer on a telescope to my ears. Likewise I have made a slight change in the Rake and Angle of the 802D's downward to my ear level and found this to be an improvement. Also both speakers are angled inwards.

Here are some shots of the system. Reflection because the shades were open for the shot :T :T

Attached Files
    Last edited by misterdoggy; 04 June 2008, 06:25 Wednesday.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Very, very nice!
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Glenee
      • Aug 2006

Even the little Dog is finally at Peace. Congratulations enjoy Mister Doggy.

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Yeah He's listening to Bach's Toccata "Fantasia" at high Decibels

He's as happy as I am
        Last edited by misterdoggy; 30 May 2008, 08:16 Friday.

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Congratulations! :T
          Looks to be a perfect match.

I wouldn't mind knowing your opinion of the difference in audio between your new HTM1D & your previous HTM2D. I imagine that the Marlan Head has a lot to do with it.

Comment

• Aldo
            • Sep 2005

Congratulations!
            GREAT GREAT speaker, you will discover better soon!
            Enjoy!

Comment

• misterdoggy
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
              Congratulations! :T
              Looks to be a perfect match.

I wouldn't mind knowing your opinion of the difference in audio between your new HTM1D & your previous HTM2D. I imagine that the Marlan Head has a lot to do with it.
              Its not just the Marlan Head which has something to do with it, but its also the veritable size of the thing. The 3 Bass speakers put out a wall of sound. While the 802D has 2 Bass speakers, the htm1d has even more.

I think its only going to get better. The htm2d was a step up from the htm3 and this is 2 steps more after the 2d. ;x( ;x( ;x( ;x(

Of course its more expensive too..... You could practically own 2 1/2 htm2d's for the price of one.

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                Well Guys the HTM1D arrived and it is AWESOME. It is not in the same league as the htm2d no comparison. There are sounds coming out of it that are just too good to be true.
                Cool set up MrDoggy
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Awsome! Congrats on the new toy!
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hallo misterdoggy,

Do you have a powersupply ? If yes what do you have ?

-----------

Meridian:
                    no problem with this *gears*? what for model do have ?

----------------

Great solution for the htm1 in the center from the Rack.Very nice and sure
                    not everyday see.Congratutaltions.

salut Omar

Comment

• kallagtunet
                      • Jan 2008

Looks great!

Comment

• misterdoggy
                        Super Senior Member
                        • May 2005

Omar,

I have a TSI Power Corporation Voltage Regulator that was custom ordered for a dedicated circuit where ALL my Hifi gear plugs are.

This TSI 3000 is 230V 20AMP = 110 @ 40AMP and it keeps the power at a steady clean 230V supply.

It was cheaper to have it made in the USA and sent to me than all the other solutions.

Furman and other supposedly power regulators and conditioners just use taps while this company makes the real deal for less than 1/2 the price.

The Meridian is the Processor 861V4 which I have found to be as good as the very best Preamps I have compared it to. The other Meridian is the 808i CD player considered by many to be the best CD player there is. Of course this all comes at a price.

Si vous etes en Suisse les regulateurs de voltage sont tres important. Le lien ici pour cette societe aux Etats Unis sont tres efficace et la protection de mon material est primordial, n'est pas.

Below is a link to the TSI company, and they make to order and are not really that expensive compared to HIFI solutions

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Its not just the Marlan Head which has something to do with it, but its also the veritable size of the thing. The 3 Bass speakers put out a wall of sound. While the 802D has 2 Bass speakers, the htm1d has even more.
                          Not only that but the HTM1D uses the same crossover components that the 800D uses. The HTM1D is constructed better than the 802D. It was actually built for the 800D. Now that you have a taste of what a horizontal 800D sounds like maybe someday you'll be interested to spring for the verticals as your final leg up the mountain. :B

Nice doggy. :T

Looks great!!!
                          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• misterdoggy
                            Super Senior Member
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
                            Not only that but the HTM1D uses the same crossover components that the 800D uses. The HTM1D is constructed better than the 802D. It was actually built for the 800D. Now that you have a taste of what a horizontal 800D sounds like maybe someday you'll be interested to spring for the verticals as your final leg up the mountain. :B

Nice doggy. :T

Looks great!!!
                            UH OH..... Rebelman...

You should not have planted that little seed....

I thought the htm1d sounded a little better than the 802D's and was thinking that maybe it was due to the fact it was newer.

The 3 Bass speakers do represent more impact.

800D's drooool...... hmmmm

Comment

• RebelMan
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Mar 2005

UH OH..... Rebelman...

You should not have planted that little seed....

I thought the htm1d sounded a little better than the 802D's and was thinking that maybe it was due to the fact it was newer.
                              Sorry! :twisted:

The reverse situation is equally true. You may recall when I HAD to sell my HTM3S because the 800Ds dominated the sound-field and dwarfed the center channel making it draw too much attention to itself. I was going to wait until my room conversion before I sprung for the HTM1D myself. But that may change now because my wife has assigned a few other projects that I need to complete first and I don't think I can wait.

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

An interesting system would be three HTDM1 in the front for movies!
                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • May 2005

Originally posted by wettou
                                  An interesting system would be three HTDM1 in the front for movies!
                                  Its no joke. Perhaps 2 htm1d's as fronts might outperform 802D's ??

It is an awesome speaker.

You would have to raise it up off the floor though

Comment

• eljr
                                    • Aug 2007

Looks great here as well!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! :T
                                    What you got back home, lil' sister, to play yer fuzzy warbles on? Pitiful, portable picnic players?
                                    Come with uncle & hear all proper! Hear angels trumpets & devils trombones. You are invited!

Comment

• btf1980
                                      • Aug 2007

You have a lovely system mr.doggy. I also like the decor of the room. It's missing one thing though... a turntable!! :B
                                      A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2006

Its no joke. Perhaps 2 htm1d's as fronts might outperform 802D's ??

It is an awesome speaker.

You would have to raise it up off the floor though
                                        Yeah. The only reason that I didn't go with one is that I insist on having the mid/HF drivers all at the same height and there's no suitable stand for that.

Kal
                                        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                          Yeah. The only reason that I didn't go with one is that I insist on having the mid/HF drivers all at the same height and there's no suitable stand for that.

Kal
                                          Hi Kal,

The thing is so big its halfway up the height.

I'm sure you must have played with center speaker height. The "soundstage" for speech and center information becomes larger with the center speaker moving away.

However my center speaker is only about 20 inches below the screen.

Its design is to be on the ground and if you angle up properly and angle down the 802's properly you will find the center image right where it should be both in height and centered.

You have Meridian don't you (I remember you asking stuff on the Meridian Forum) , cause if you do Trifield is outstanding and you know the center speaker plays a greater role.

IMHO the center speaker IS The most important speaker in a HT

Comment

• eljr
                                            • Aug 2007

Photos like these are very upsetting!

I just pulled out my B&W catalog and am thinking upgrade! :unsure:

What you got back home, lil' sister, to play yer fuzzy warbles on? Pitiful, portable picnic players?
                                            Come with uncle & hear all proper! Hear angels trumpets & devils trombones. You are invited!

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2006

Hi Kal,

The thing is so big its halfway up the height.

I'm sure you must have played with center speaker height. The "soundstage" for speech and center information becomes larger with the center speaker moving away.

However my center speaker is only about 20 inches below the screen.

Its design is to be on the ground and if you angle up properly and angle down the 802's properly you will find the center image right where it should be both in height and centered.

You have Meridian don't you (I remember you asking stuff on the Meridian Forum) , cause if you do Trifield is outstanding and you know the center speaker plays a greater role.

IMHO the center speaker IS The most important speaker in a HT
                                              Well, my B&W/Meridian system is for music, not HT, so there is no screen issue to deal with. Also, for casual listening, there's a small upholstered settee in the middle, so the center speaker has to clear it. The 802D in the center is just fine for this as well as for critical listening (when I move the settee away).
                                              Kal Rubinson

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • May 2005

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                                Well, my B&W/Meridian system is for music, not HT, so there is no screen issue to deal with. Also, for casual listening, there's a small upholstered settee in the middle, so the center speaker has to clear it. The 802D in the center is just fine for this as well as for critical listening (when I move the settee away).
                                                Kal,

Do you use Trifield for Music ?

I've found it vastly superior to Stereo Music (incorporating the center speaker)

I don't do DVDA or SACD but Trifield is less intrusive making the center image more solidly based on a center speaker. Like a Wall of sound.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2006

Kal,

Do you use Trifield for Music ?
                                                  Rarely. The added center fill is nice but, most of the time, not a real improvement.

I've found it vastly superior to Stereo Music (incorporating the center speaker)
                                                  I generally listen to 2 channel sources in 2 channels.

I don't do DVDA or SACD but Trifield is less intrusive making the center image more solidly based on a center speaker. Like a Wall of sound.
                                                  I much prefer mch SACD and find it generally superior to 2channel sources over TriField. I use Ambisonics with suitable sources, but that's something else.
                                                  Kal Rubinson
                                                  _______________________________
                                                  "Music in the Round"
                                                  Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                  http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • May 2005

I haven't used Ambisonics yet, but will give it a try

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Mar 2006

I haven't used Ambisonics yet, but will give it a try
                                                      Oh. I only use it on recordings made with a SoundField mic. Otherwise, TriField is superior.
                                                      Kal Rubinson
                                                      _______________________________
                                                      "Music in the Round"
                                                      Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
                                                      http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • May 2005

Soundfield mic , very cool

I have just put my htm1d on a separate shelf raising it another 4 inches. It is almost at ear height when sitting on the sofa.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                          • Apr 2005

very nice setup indeed and the speakers look great! Perhaps a couple of pics with the covers off!?!

So when are you going to stick the 802s at the back and replace them with 800's? lol.
                                                          ... you know you want to! :evil: ...

Comment

• Allegiance
                                                            • Sep 2006

Get the controllers off the top of your playstation, you are going to scratch it :M :lol: . But seriously, awesome setup ;x(

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Mark-n-b
                                                              very nice setup indeed and the speakers look great! Perhaps a couple of pics with the covers off!?!

So when are you going to stick the 802s at the back and replace them with 800's? lol.
                                                              ... you know you want to! :evil: ...
                                                              Yeah thought had crossed my mind, You know what the Stones said "You can't always get what you want"

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Allegiance
                                                                Get the controllers off the top of your playstation, you are going to scratch it (
                                                                the PS3 is in only one pic, nice attention to detail

That center is beautiful.......Why did you decide to upgrade the center and not the 802D to 800D?

I just ask because I had the same situation and I went with the 800D instead of upgrading the center. I am a big fan of 2ch which is a big reason in my decision. Plus the HTM2D blends with the 800D's fine in a small room.
                                                                I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                                                Lou

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Relentless
                                                                  the PS3 is in only one pic, nice attention to detail

That center is beautiful.......Why did you decide to upgrade the center and not the 802D to 800D?

I just ask because I had the same situation and I went with the 800D instead of upgrading the center. I am a big fan of 2ch which is a big reason in my decision. Plus the HTM2D blends with the 800D's fine in a small room.
                                                                  2 reasons for the center

1. Meridian Preamp I use Trifield which incorporates the front 3 speakers to make stereo. Its Stereo, but Stereo even better. So the htm2d was not the match for the 802d's.

2. For HT use the center speaker is the most important speaker in a HT period. So therefore the best speaker in my system.

3. I would like to upgrade to 800D's but alas I have other things scheduled for this year ie: second house on Cape Cod, so its going to have to wait, hopefully not too long :T :T

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

I was impressed when you got the HTM1D. Now I am far more impressed that you got that beast up on the glass shelf. WOW! Mr.Doggy is really Underdog(gy). :B

Comment

• dmccombs
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Sep 2006

Doggy,

On a side note, don't your amps get hot being stacked like that? I like that you save space that way, but I am too paranoid to stack my Classe amps like thet.

Darrell

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2005

I was impressed when you got the HTM1D. Now I am far more impressed that you got that beast up on the glass shelf. WOW! Mr.Doggy is really Underdog(gy). :B
                                                                        I lifted it by myself. I used the principles of how they built the pyramids. I put the 4 feet on paper sliding the speaker out, then lifting just a corner put books to build up height, then slid the shelf underneath always putting it on paper so it slides and then slide it back and voila. 250lbs moved by one man

Doggy,

On a side note, don't your amps get hot being stacked like that? I like that you save space that way, but I am too paranoid to stack my Classe amps like thet.

Darrell
                                                                        They are not stacked. They are on shelves. Maybe they look stacked because of the clear shelf in glass. There is plenty of air space above each Amp and also open on all 4 sides so no problem with air circulation :T

Comment

• dmccombs
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Sep 2006

I lifted it by myself. I used the principles of how they built the pyramids. I put the 4 feet on paper sliding the speaker out, then lifting just a corner put books to build up height, then slid the shelf underneath always putting it on paper so it slides and then slide it back and voila. 250lbs moved by one man

They are not stacked. They are on shelves. Maybe they look stacked because of the clear shelf in glass. There is plenty of air space above each Amp and also open on all 4 sides so no problem with air circulation :T
                                                                          I knew they weren't stacked right on top of each other, but in the picture it looked like you only had 1-2" clearance between the shelves.

Again, I am not knocking how you did it. I am trying to figure out how much space I may need for mine, if I go a similar route. Right now, there is nothing above my amps except the ceiling, then the sky. :B

So would you say you have about 4" above each amp then?

Thanks,
                                                                          Darrell

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • May 2005
                                                                            • 1418

No offense taken

I would say 2 to 3 inches.

They are open on all 4 sides so theres plenty of aeration

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2005
                                                                              • 1537

#39
                                                                              Yea, that was the first thing I noticed!!
                                                                              200+ lbs on that glass shelf..... man on man...

Love the setup. 8)
                                                                              B&W

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2005
                                                                                • 1418

#40
                                                                                Anyone looking for an HTM1D there is one on Audiogon black for $5400

Comment

• Gremal
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Apr 2007
                                                                                  • 195

#41
                                                                                  Yeah, actually the seller had two of them as part of a 3-HTM1D LRC setup. He needs to go with uprights for the R/L, so I snagged one of them.

Now I go rocketing to the poorhouse.
                                                                                  Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                                                                                  Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                                                                                  B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                                                                                  VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                                                                                  Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• Mig17
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2008
                                                                                    • 169

#42
                                                                                    Audiorefimenet Multi 5 is not powerful enough for BW 800 seeries

Comment

• Gremal
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2007
                                                                                      • 195

#43
                                                                                      I may end up getting a monobloc.

I do think these speakers are highly sensitive, and dealers push the "power hungry" angle a bit overzealously. I don't subscribe to it, especially since I'm sending the low frequencies to my sub.
                                                                                      Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                                                                                      Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                                                                                      B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                                                                                      VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                                                                                      Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• DeepEndX
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Feb 2005
                                                                                        • 106

#44
                                                                                        congrats! I also have the HTM1D. It improves everything from sound stage all the way up to HT. The world seems so much more vast and alive.

RH

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • May 2005
                                                                                          • 1418

#45
                                                                                          Gremal,

Welcome to the HTM1D Club !!!!!

It will change you outlook on everything

It is my favorite speaker now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          😀
                                                                                          😂
                                                                                          🥰
                                                                                          😘
                                                                                          🤢
                                                                                          😎
                                                                                          😞
                                                                                          😡
                                                                                          👍
                                                                                          👎
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"