X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fnazareth
    • Apr 2008

Denon AVR4308 with B&W XT4

Hi guys.
    I would like to know your opinion about this HT.
    This is my idea:
    -Denon AVR4308 (or 3808, but the 4308 have two HDMI out's and i have an Epson TW-2000 projector);
    -XT4 Main front channel
    -B&W PV1 Subwoofer
    -B&W CWM 650 for the 4 surround channels
    -B&W CWM LCR8 for center channel.

After reading this outsanding forum, i'm consider a Rotel RMB1080 for the XT4. However if the Denon is enough i prefer it.
    THKS a Lot.

Filipe
  • style
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2006

Denon&Rotel

Hi fnazareth,

Personaly:
    ALL XT set:
    front XT4
    XTC center
    rear: 4 x XT2 (but yuo need really 4 rear?? - how much dvd with "native 7.1"
    source?????
    PV1 sub

Denon3808 with Rotel Rmb1077.

At this moment if you don't have a super big room 2 speakers for rear and
    money for the Rmb1077 pay more!!!

This is MY opinion.
    Greetings from switzerland
    Omar

Comment

• WI Rotel
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by fnazareth
      Hi guys.
      I would like to know your opinion about this HT.
      This is my idea:
      -Denon AVR4308 (or 3808, but the 4308 have two HDMI out's and i have an Epson TW-2000 projector);
      -XT4 Main front channel
      -B&W PV1 Subwoofer
      -B&W CWM 650 for the 4 surround channels
      -B&W CWM LCR8 for center channel.

After reading this outsanding forum, i'm consider a Rotel RMB1080 for the XT4. However if the Denon is enough i prefer it.
      THKS a Lot.

Filipe
      You're setup looks like an interesting mixture of XT's with in wall speakers. Note that inwall speakers, specifically for HT are a gamble better done in new construction, unless you can rearrange the room precisely to how they are going to be positioned, once they are in, that is it!
      Personally, I would not run the entire 7.1 system off the AVR, I'm pretty certain it that it would not have the gumption to run the whole system at higher levels particularly for music. IMO I would use the AVR for all the surrounds and if possilble get a dedicated stereo amp for the XT4's with no less than 100 RMS, I would try, as a minimum, the Rotel RB 1070 and 1072. The 1072 is a class D the 1070 is a usual design, both are very reasonably priced. You could go to your dealer to demo them back to back on the XT4 to see what you preffer.
      I have a 7.1 system of all XT's, the look factor, and obvioulsy the sound, is stunning. The XT2 with is stands has a very small footprint, plus you can move them around without a fuss for optimal positioning. However, if in wall is a requirement in your plans, the speakers you have selected shuld match the XT4's very well too.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"