X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Don
    • Feb 2006

XT2, WAF, etc.

Hey guys, new member here. For three years, I've had B&W 601 S3s in front with 600 S3s rear and the LCR60 center with an ASW 500 sub. I just sold my 601s/ASW 500 because: a) a buddy offered to pay my cost for them; 2) a lack of WAF on the looks of the 601s, and 3) wife's fears over my toddler knocking the 601s/stands over. I know that a nice sub makes a difference, but just thought I'd toss out several questions regarding the XT2s and XT4s, which have a much higher WAF:

Do you have an opinion on the XT2s would sound for 2 channel music (60% of listening) if they were wall mounted?

Do you have an opinion on how the setup might sound for HT (40%) without a sub (15x20 room, very live)?

For $1000 more than a pair of XTs and another ASW 500, should I consider the XT4s without a sub, or would the XT2s with a sub sound better for my purposes?

Anyone ever have experience with their kid damaging speakers/knocking them over? Is this a real issue?

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a system of less than $1500 additional? How about suggestions at $2000-2500 additional?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Don
    Hey guys, new member here. For three years, I've had B&W 601 S3s in front with 600 S3s rear and the LCR60 center with an ASW 500 sub. I just sold my 601s/ASW 500 because: a) a buddy offered to pay my cost for them; 2) a lack of WAF on the looks of the 601s, and 3) wife's fears over my toddler knocking the 601s/stands over. I know that a nice sub makes a difference, but just thought I'd toss out several questions regarding the XT2s and XT4s, which have a much higher WAF:

Do you have an opinion on the XT2s would sound for 2 channel music (60% of listening) if they were wall mounted?

Do you have an opinion on how the setup might sound for HT (40%) without a sub (15x20 room, very live)?

For $1000 more than a pair of XTs and another ASW 500, should I consider the XT4s without a sub, or would the XT2s with a sub sound better for my purposes?

Anyone ever have experience with their kid damaging speakers/knocking them over? Is this a real issue?

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a system of less than $1500 additional? How about suggestions at $2000-2500 additional?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

My opinion on the XT4s is they are a great speaker, but I felt that they needed to be at high listening levels for them to sound great. I was listening to them with a PV1...which I promise your wife will love the look of. Many people in this forum knock the PV1, but i think its great.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"