X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeCarron
    • Feb 2008

DIY Subwoofer...how to match Red Cherry

OK here's a challenge for you guys. I have the N803 fronts and an HTM1 center all in the older Red Cherry color. They sound wonderful and look gorgeous.

However, I want to construct my own subwoofer, wrap them in cherry veneer, and stain them. Has anybody come up with the magical mixture of stain to match the Red Cherry from B&W?

Forgive me if this has come up before and I just overlooked the post. I couldn't seem to find anything quite like this.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeCarron; 25 February 2008, 20:53 Monday.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Bombay Mahogany stain from Minwax is an excellent match on Red Oak. Last I used it, it was only available in the line that had the poly built in. Not sure how it would turn out on cherry wood though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• MikeCarron
      • Feb 2008

Kevin,
      Great feedback. I'll experiment with that stain on a scrap piece of cherry. It doesn't have to match perfectly (I'm not that persnickety), but it would be nice to have it in the same color group. I'm worried that a DIY subwoofer may not live up to the same great looks and craftmanship as the B&W speakers.

Thanks for the info.

Mike C.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Here's a pic of a poster case I did. Let me know how it does on cherry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"