X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murunga
    • Feb 2005

Help new guy with color description

Ok, so I buy a pair of used N802's. They are supposed to be "light" colored cherrywood. Now I'm trying to negotiate for a HTM1. The description of this is "natural". I went to the B&W site for clarification and found this desription -

Cabinet: Real wood veneers Black ash, Cherrywood, Red stained cherrywood
    Grilles: Black cloth

So is real wood = light? Is "Cherrywood" natural? I scoured through pictures of them but its very unclear to me.

I suppose a natural cherry HTM1 would match my light cherrywood mains. But for this kind of money, I'd like all the same color, ya know?

Thanks for any help for this new B&W guy : ).

Murunga
  • roundmound
    • Sep 2004

Hey Murunga,

I believe that the cherrywood is the light, natural oakish color and the red stained cherrywood has a deep almost mahogany color. The differences are quite noticeable, so if your color is light wood, look for a cherrywood HTM1. Congrats on your purchase.

Round

Comment

• Big Guns
      • Mar 2005

I second what roundmound says, natural cherrywood is light and unstained. Mine are red cherrywood and are like a rosewood or mahogony.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"