Are there any htm4 owners who are happy matched with their 805s here??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Are there any htm4 owners who are happy matched with their 805s here??

Sorry guys if this should be in its own thread or I can ask on the existing one but thought the topic was totally different now, I'm torn on the htm4 and htm3 now and do you guys think its a significant difference between the two?

I've heard countless times that the center piece is the most important part of the 5.1 or 7.1 setup and now I'm thinking about paying the extra $1000 more just for the htm3's.

But I'll still be using the 805s as my front L/R and was wondering if anyone here is running the htm3 or the htm4 with the 805s and if you guys can give me your opinion, much appreciated.
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Have you tried the 804 vs 805 test. The HTM3 will stand out sonically in the same way - not ideal unless you are going for 804S or 803S at a later date.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

I've heard the 804 but that was like a year ago, I cant remember. I know that it wont match and possibly drown out the 805s but then I hear that the center piece should still sound best.

So basically the htm4 is another 805s just built laterally??

Comment

• Blindamood
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jjahshik32
        So basically the htm4 is another 805s just built laterally??
        Exactly. It doesn't get much better as far as matching the l/r/c speakers.
        Brad

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

So a HTM3 is made for a 803 and is an 803 on its side?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"