Would the HTM4 center pice match the R/L 804S??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Would the HTM4 center pice match the R/L 804S??

I've been reading around on these forums and found one thread where someone upgraded from 804S to 803S and he owned the HTM3 which matched much better with the 803S.

I guess if the HTM3 matches the 803S would the HTM4 match the 804S better?

Tomarrow I'm going to go have a listen at the 804S and if its that much better than the 805S that I own I'll purchase them in black ash (maybe in rosenut if they have it =D). But I wont be able to use the hmt4 + the 804S.. it seems that it might go well together.
  • lawoftrust
    • Feb 2008

I had B&W 804S and HTM4 and they did not match to good. The HTM3 is much more appropriate and allows a very cohesive front. The HTM4 is too small and is more appropriate for the 805S. Though it all depends on Your preferences. If You only listen to Multichannel rarely a HTM4 might be sufficient, if Multichannel is essential for You, go for the HTM3S.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by lawoftrust
      I had B&W 804S and HTM4 and they did not match to good. The HTM3 is much more appropriate and allows a very cohesive front. The HTM4 is too small and is more appropriate for the 805S. Though it all depends on Your preferences. If You only listen to Multichannel rarely a HTM4 might be sufficient, if Multichannel is essential for You, go for the HTM3S.

Agreed. I own N804's that were my main L-R speakers (now used as rears).
      I had a previous generation smaller center channel like the HTM4S. It was quite good. But I then moved up to the HTM1 (the predecessor to the HTM3S). Huge difference. Very impressive dialog, much better bass.

The HTM3S is the matching center for the 804S's. The HTM3S is essentially an 804S on its side. These front three speakers will have a very cohesive soundfield. The HTM4S is very nice, but is more designed for the 805S.

Hope this helps.
      Last edited by htsteve; 16 May 2008, 09:48 Friday.

Comment

• jjahshik32
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
        Agreed. I own N804's that were my main L-R speakers (now used as rears).
        I have a previous generation smaller center channel like the HTM4S. It was quite good. But I then moved up to the HTM1 (the predecessor to the HTM3S). Huge difference. Very impressive dialog, much better bass.

The HTM3S is the matching center for the 804S's. The HTM3S is essentially an 804S on its side. These front three speakers will have a very cohesive soundfield. The HTM4S is very nice, but is more designed for the 805S.

Hope this helps.
        Man this makes me not want to upgrade to the 804S and just stick with my 805S + htm4 now and just add a sub or a nice amp. :

But I am thinking about selling the 805S and the htm4 and using the 804S as 2 channel for movies/music for a while.

But if I do keep the htm4 as the center piece to go with the 803S would it be too horrible?
        Last edited by jjahshik32; 15 May 2008, 22:27 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"