X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speakerboy
    • Nov 2005

Do B&W subwoofers sleep?

I have a B&W 850 sub and had always plugged it into my line conditioner so that when my receiver turns on, the sub turns on. I have now re-arranged things such that the sub is too far to plug into the line conditioner. Question is, do B&W subs (such as the 850) have a sleep mode when there's no signal for X amount of minutes? Do you have you have your B&W sub always plugged in so it's turned on 24-7?
    • Nov 2005

HI speaker,
    I can't speak for the 850's but my ASW800's do have a sleep mode. They are plugged in and turned on all the time. When the music signal is presented they switch on immediately. You can also hear them turn off after the signal has been absent for, maybe, 3 minutes. It's a good scheme.

Sparky

Comment

• Nolan B
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2005

My PV1 does sleep and turns on when it senses a signal. I would assume that this isnt the only sub in their line which does this.

Comment

• Gremal
        • Apr 2007

Yes, my ASW 825 sleeps in auto mode. I still like to turn it off when I don't need it, though.
        Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
        Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
        B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
        VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
        Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• P1et
          • Jan 2006

Interesting. I have a ASW 650 and always turn it off after I'm done with the movie...

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Yes, B&W subwoofers sleep.

My 750 has a MODE standby/auto/on switch. The switch operates as follows:

On: With the switch in this position, the amplifier remains permanently on.

Auto: On first switching the subwoofer to Auto, the amplifier becomes fully active. After a period of about 5 minutes without an input signal, the amplifier automatically reverts to Standby mode. When an input signal is detected, the amplifier automatically becomes fully active.

Standby: In this position, the amplifier is in permanent Standby.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"