X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogue909
    • Jan 2008

Runco 850 "No Signal in this Sync Mode."

basically.. I start up my projector and i get that, everything is plugged in correctly...I think.

I bought a converter to go from the "video in" connection on the projector to a Coaxial cord... from my dvd player I've ran it into the coaxial cable and get nothing

Figured maybe its my little rigging with the adapter, so I ran my dvd player into the projector via a SVideo cord... no success.

Assuming it may be my dvd player, I grabbed my handy dandy Xbox and repeated the whole above process... once again nothing

ok so maybe my xbox is old, right? So I get my friend's dvd player and run that, same issue

Pretty much eliminated the thought of an input related source, I've been switching the input source on the projector to S-video/Video Input (my rigged coaxial) as needed. I've also tinkered with some other settings to try and get something to pop up other than this error message.

But... since I'm posting here its obvious that its not working if anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate the advice.
    Last edited by rogue909; 28 January 2008, 00:32 Monday.
  • MikeRocchio
    • Jan 2005

Have you tried changing the cable or testing it in another set-up? I just went throught the same ting yesterday with my composite input to my projector (Denon OSD goes via composite). Everything had been working for me and then I changed acable, and promptly forgot that I changed it. When the OSD stopped working I went crazy trying to figure out why, then it hit me, the new cable, it was bad.

Good luck.

Comment

• rogue909
      • Jan 2008

Just went and did that, unfortunately all my cables are working...
      sad when I have to say that?

Comment

• draganm
        • Jul 2005

According to a Runco cross reference chart, the IDP 850 is really a Zenith Pro 895 with 7" tubes and liquid coupled optics. It should be (just) able to squeek out 1080i resolution. If it's not synching to the S-vide oport, it's probably because it's set to input at the main RGB port, which is what you will need for anything above 480i anyway. You need to down-load and read the manual although I remember curt saying this one is pretty horrible to follow.

Home Theater sales, calibration, service, and discussion forum. Hundreds of free manuals and setup tips!

Comment

• rogue909
          • Jan 2008

^^
          Is it possible that my projector isn't meeting the minimal requirements for the Dvd players/XBOX? in terms of the 1080i resolution? I remember having some difficulties with things like that while installing my parents flat screen.

Assuming that is the issue, is there anyway I can run the RGB/V-Sync/H-Sync Cables into a coaxial/Svideo/Composite?

I've done some research into the RGB/V-Sync/H-Sync cables and know that it can be run into VGA but that doesnt get me into the Coaxial/Svideo/Composite are that I would like to have, other than that I have not done enough research on the topic.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Not sure I understand... should you be connecting to a video INPUT on the projector, not video "out"?

Have you previously gotten it to work?
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• rogue909
              • Jan 2008

^^
              My apologies, typo on my behalf. I've been connecting to the "Video IN" connection like it is suppose to be. - Edited on my original post.

With that said, no I have not managed to get the projector working, although the person that I purchased it from has had it working, how they used the device I am not sure of however.

Comment

• draganm
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by rogue909
                ^^
                Is it possible that my projector isn't meeting the minimal requirements for the Dvd players/XBOX? in terms of the 1080i resolution? I remember having some difficulties with things like that while installing my parents flat screen.
                no, 1080i is within the rated bandwidth

Originally posted by rogue909
                Assuming that is the issue, is there anyway I can run the RGB/V-Sync/H-Sync Cables into a coaxial/Svideo/Composite?
                I don't think you understood what I was trying to tell you. The projectors accepts 2 types of video signal. The 2 signal are a completely different electronically signal and not interchangeable.

1) S-video/composite is the standard 480i crap signal. IT's totally useless unless your into vintage VCR tapes.

2) RGBHV is a full bandwidth signal that can be run directyl from a VGA port using a 5BNC breakout cable, like the attached pic.

These 2 signals are totally different and the PJ doesn't know which one your trying to feed it. I can't tell from your confusing first post but if you haven't already done so, you need to go into the PJ's internal menu's and choose the input which will make the S-video /composite board active. If you have already done so and still not getting a pic, then it could be simply that the s-board is bad, but not likely.
                Since the previous owner had it running, presumably through the RGB port, just spend the 20 bucks and get that cable from mono-price. It will plug right into the VGA port on your X-box and onto the 5BNC's on back.

Keep in mind that a CRT is not a plug and play device. Getting the active video to pop up is only the first step. If you have never set up a CRT projector before plan on reading the manual and then to spend about 8 hours on it first time around learning how things work. Your reward will be an excellent pic that will last for tens of thousands of hours with no bulbs to worry about.
                If that sounds like too much work, then a cheap DLP from best buy is your way out.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Dean McManis
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • May 2003

Yeah CRTs have a steep learning curve, and are not a good choice for someone without good electronics skills and understanding. And even then there is a steep learning curve to understand how to tweak them to get anywhere close to the specs rating.

This is a data grade projector, so it can take a 1080i input. It won't be resolving that resolution without an expert's calibration, but it can display the signal.
                  Any CRT projector that can display VGA (640 X 480p) can display 1080i.
                  Of course it will need an external conversion box as well if you want to connect it to accept HDMI inputs.

S-Video actually looks OK on a data grade projector from a quality DVD source as long as the image isn't too big and the video source is optimal.
                  And it's a good input to test out if you do not have anything else.

But I do agree with Draganm that getting a VGA to RGB cable is the best investment that you can make for a data grade projector, because it's not bandwidth limited the way that composite and S-Video analog cables are, and the picture quality difference is dramatic.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"