Difference Between Left or Right Speakers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rman01138
    • Feb 2008

Difference Between Left or Right Speakers.

I just bought myself a pair of B&W 703 speakers. I would like to know if there is any indication on the speakers whether or not if it is for left side or right side.

Thanks.
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

I don't think so

Comment

• NMG
      • Oct 2004

The speakers won't care whether they are on the left or right side

Comment

• rman01138
        • Feb 2008

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Congratulations on the new B&Ws. If they are "new" new don't forget that they will sound better after a week or two running in.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Briz vegas
            Congratulations on the new B&Ws. If they are "new" new don't forget that they will sound better after a week or two running in.
            They most defiantly do sound better.

It doesn't really matter which one is left and which one is right, but my 'right' one has always been the right and my 'left' one has always been on the left.
            -Joe

Comment

• sc2
              • Feb 2008

The B&W logo on the tweeter cover appears on opposite sides if that matters.

Steve
              Steve

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Ha harr. Which raises the question - should it be on the inside or the outside :W

If in doubt just swap the covers or remove them (not really recommended)
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• Ted
                  • May 2006

I think if the last number of the serial number is odd, it is supposed to be on the left, if it is even, it should be on the right, that's why it is so important that they be shipped sequentially. :W Or is it the other way around?

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                  Ha harr. Which raises the question - should it be on the inside or the outside :W
                  Crap, what if you run 3 703's for LT, Center, and RT? Then, where should the B & W Logo go for the center!? I'm so confused! ops:

My logos face the inside. Why? That's where they ended up when I brought them home. Though, for all practical purposes, if the logos were on the outside, you'd probably never see my right speaker's logo. I guess I just got lucky with placement. Maybe I should check and see which serial number is on which side...

In all seriousness, rman01138, enjoy your new 703's! I love mine!
                  Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• joetama
                    • May 2006

I actually moved the covers from my left and right so that the B&W logo was on the outside...

I never really even noticed they were on there until this thread...
                    -Joe

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Just wait until one of the speakers gets its first "ding".
                      At that moment, you will decide which speaker that will become, Left or Right to hide the imperfection better.

B&W

Comment

• Briz vegas
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

RCD, this is not Kaos, we don't ding here. Pristine they are, pristine they will stay.

I had to send my Rel Strata 5 to Melbourne just so the Australian importer could take a nice chuck out of the cabinet. I think they called it a service checkup - I called it GCH (greivous cabinet harm) - they just denied it ...........LLPOF

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"