X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RIppolito
    • Mar 2005

Update center first, or left / right?

I would welcome some advice from those of you that have been this way before...

I currently have matching Matrix 805's for my left and right front speakers. I have the Matrix HTM for the center speaker. I have Golden Flute bass alignment filters that are matched for the 805's, and they are a nice addition. They boost the bass from around 42Hz down, and really make a difference.

It is time to upgrade. I eventually want to get to Nautilus 804's for left and right, and perhaps a HTM1 for the center. My questions are these...

1. Would it be better to upgrade the left and right speakers first?
    2. Would it be better to upgrade the center speaker first?
    3. If I can't swing all three, which will make the bigger impact over what I currently have?
    4. Will the HTM1 be overkill with the Matrix 805's?

Thanks in advance,

Ron
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

If you love it HT, consider the center channel for your first purchase. If it's 2 channel listening, go for the N804's.

I do own an HTM1. I purchased it about 6 weeks ago. If you want a warrenty get it from a dealer and get is soon. With that being said, it's
    my observation there are more N804's for sale than HTM1. The market has just purchased fewer HTM1's. Then there is the color issue which may or may not be an issue to you. So the time you see one priced right and the time to purchase may be short.

The HTM1 is a GREAT center speaker. :B IMO the market would likely go for upgrading their 804 to 803's, 802's, etc., before letting go of an HTM1. Thus making the HTM1 an even rarer commodity.

Finally, make plans for placing the HTM1 on a stand in front of the TV. The imaging is superior to placing it on top of the TV. On top you'll lose much information.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"