X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rik71
    • Jan 2008

For my 802d bryston or jeff?

Hi, write from Italy i am new and not speak English very well.
    the question is: for my 802d what are the best between 2 Bryston 7b st or 2 Jeff Rowland model 3?
    Thanks
    riccardo :T
  • RNKC
    • Jun 2005

Benvenuti!

A few suggestions:

Comment

• Relentless
      • Jul 2007

I drive my 800D's with a Bryston for now but if I were you I would audition some other amps before deciding. The Bryston drives them well but may be a little fatiguing with the diamond tweeter after awhile. I think the Bryston is a great amp but you can find a better match for that speaker.
      I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
      Lou

Comment

• rik71
        • Jan 2008

Thanks for answers
        two jeff rowland model 3 mono is a good amps for a 802d?

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by rik71
          Hi, write from Italy i am new and not speak English very well.
          the question is: for my 802d what are the best between 2 Bryston 7b st or 2 Jeff Rowland model 3?
          Thanks
          riccardo :T
          I don't have the diamonds but I have Bryston 7B St's with N801's an dthey are very smooth (i.e. no fatigue). I do need to mention that I have a Musical Fidelity preamp that is not bright at all.

Comment

• Relentless
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DM3000 Owner
            I don't have the diamonds but I have Bryston 7B St's with N801's an dthey are very smooth (i.e. no fatigue). I do need to mention that I have a Musical Fidelity preamp that is not bright at all.
            sure....throw a tube pre or CDP in with the Bryston will help. Fatigue may have been to harsh of a description. How about very accurate to the point of irritation on some recordings.
            I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
            Lou

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Very accurate is a good description. Ive used Bryston 7Bs for over a year and loved them on my 802s.

I suppose I should mention they are now forsale I am gonna sure be sad to see them go, however I am wanting some krells.
              B&W

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Relentless
                sure....throw a tube pre or CDP in with the Bryston will help. Fatigue may have been to harsh of a description. How about very accurate to the point of irritation on some recordings.
                The Musical Fidelity is SS but it is very smooth on top (and detailed). It was highly recommended by Upscale Audio for "tube guys who are sick of tube maintenance." I bought it and love it.

As far as your irritation, I started using a DEQ 2496 for some room correction. You can program a rolloff on teh high end. The 'X Curve (3 db/octave) is too steep. I use about 1 to 2 from about 2.5 hz up. Works very well. :T

Comment

• Mig17
                  • Jan 2008

Krell 400xi is a simple set up

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"