B&W 802D's and Rotel RB-1092, any thoughts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalshah
    • Nov 2008

B&W 802D's and Rotel RB-1092, any thoughts?

I am considering getting a pair of B&W 802D's and already own Bryston 4BSST and Rotel RB-1092 amps. Trying to decide which of the two amps would suit the 802D's better and sell the other one. Thanks to all of you who provided their input on the Bryston with 802D's on an earlier thread. I am leaning more toward keeping the Rotel RB-1092 for the 802D's. Anyone have any actual experience with this specific combo? As always, thanks a bunch for your advice. Always appreciated!
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I have this combo and I'm very happy with the sound. Some may say the 802d's deserve a more exclusive (expensive) amp, but they certainly appreciate the power. I've got no experience with the Bryston 4BSST, but I'm sure you'd not be dissapointed keeping the 1092.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

I loved my RB-1092 so much I got another for my analogue room. I am using the 'new' one with a RC-1082 pre - a very liquid combination. In my area the RB-1092 is currently selling for $1850 - tough price to beat for the performance.

I might add these are driving a pair of Dynaudio 52SE - very power hungry speakers for bookshelfs.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"