X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Jeff Rowland Amps

I've noticed a tremendous number of Jeff Rowland amps for sale on Audiogon. Anybody got any ideas as to why? Well, the number sure seemed inordinant anyway, as I thought they were a fairly low volume company anyway. the classifieds were just full of them.

Reliability? Sound quality? Better Bigger amp now? What?

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • sattothestars
    • Jan 2003

Not just Jeff Rowland.There is a lot of very hiend stuff being sold off on the net.The economy is in bad shape,lots of layoffs,tax time.the uncertainty of the financial status in the near future all has a bearing on what goes and what stays,so the first thing to go are the expensive toys ie;boats,hiend gear,ect.JR gear is excellent and is right up there with Edge,Boulder,and other well regarded brands.

JLF sattothestars
    JLF sattothestars

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Having owned 5 different Rowland amps over the years, I would guess that the reason you see so many for sell on Audiogon is for the same reason you see so many Audio Research amps. They have been around for a long time and they are such great amps that many have been sold over the years. I looked over the list at Audiogon fairly closely (mainly because I am planning on selling my Dreadnaught and going back to either Jeff Rowland or Audio Research amps). I didn't find the list odd, it was the normal mixture of older equipment being sold off and the smaller list of newer amps being sold for upgrade purposes.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"