X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dimigr
    • Jul 2003

802D and Jeff Rowland Model 201 or 501

My curiosity got the best of me and last Saturday I went to my local dealer for an audition of the new 802D. The setup included an all Classe setup CD,Pre and the 200W/Ch Power amp. I am the owner of a 802N pair so I was curious about the improvement that the new speaker has to offer. The difference is obvious. To my ears there was an improvement to the rhythm and to the extremes of the audible range. Only the mids were not so clear. We tried a different combination with a Sphynx (spelling ?) Pre , Power and everything cleared up. I was told that Sphynx is out of business. So here comes my question has anyone here heard those great speakers with new Rowland amps and especially the 201 or the 501 ? Thanks
  • caleb
    • Aug 2004

Only heard the "old" 802's with the 501 and they did sound good, but I finally went for the Brystom 7B SST

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

Heard the 801's with the 201 and the 201 was astounding. It did not run out of steam. I guess the 501's would even be better.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"