801 Series 2 - Rowland and Classe matching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepbluebda
    • May 2010

801 Series 2 - Rowland and Classe matching?

I have been chatting to a B&W rep - about proper matching for my 801 Series 2 in a HT setup. I currently have them in stereo only on a Jeff Rowland Model 1.

To move them over to HT, B&W suggests the Classe SSP-600, the B&W HTM2 and matched rears - and 3 or 5 more amplifier channels (Classe again) - assuming I leave the front 801's on my Rowland. I would mix in my Carver True Sub and a Denon BDP2010 - with analog out to the Classe, and HDMI direct to the TV.

Thoughts?

Should I keep the 801's on my Rowland - or just switch the whole thing over to Classe with a 5200 Amp for all channels?
    Last edited by deepbluebda; 06 May 2010, 16:32 Thursday.
    B&W SCM1 Rears
    Classe SSP600 PrePro
    Classe 5200 AMP
    Classe CDP300 CD/DVD
    Oppo BDP-83SE BluRay
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by deepbluebda
    I have been chatting to a B&W rep - about proper matching for my 801 Series 2 in a HT setup. I currently have them in stereo only on a Jeff Rowland Model 1.

To move them over to HT, B&W suggests the Classe SSP-600, the B&W HTM2 and matched rears - and 3 or 5 more amplifier channels (Classe again) - assuming I leave the front 801's on my Rowland. I would mix in my Carver True Sub and a Denon BDP2010 - with analog out to the Classe, and HDMI direct to the TV.

Thoughts?

Should I keep the 801's on my Rowland - or just switch the whole thing over to Classe with a 5200 Amp for all channels?

I have a pair of 801 series 80 with have been modified with matrix 3 tweeters and so on. Most modern amps are rubish like Classe it´s all about design and a high price. Mcintosh and Krell do fantastic amps. I´m using a swedish Bladelius advantage A300. I´ve never had a power amp that can deliver such tight bass from a pair of 12inch basses (801 series 80) and warmth, stereo seperation it out of this world. Something which Classe fail to produce. I don´t know much about Rowland?

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ac81017
      I have a pair of 801 series 80 with have been modified with matrix 3 tweeters and so on. Most modern amps are rubish like Classe it´s all about design and a high price. Mcintosh and Krell do fantastic amps. I´m using a swedish Bladelius advantage A300. I´ve never had a power amp that can deliver such tight bass from a pair of 12inch basses (801 series 80) and warmth, stereo seperation it out of this world. Something which Classe fail to produce. I don´t know much about Rowland?

Not familiar with Jeff Rowland's products and Classe is rubbish? Shouldn't you be hanging out on a Bose forum.....?
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Alaric
        Not familiar with Jeff Rowland's products and Classe is rubbish? Shouldn't you be hanging out on a Bose forum.....?
        Classé is rubish!!! Whoa you should do yourself a favor and listen
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ac81017
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Alaric

We don´t have Jeff Rowland in Sweden, well not that i know of?? Had Bose 901 many years ago. Big mistake!! Classe has a nice design, they make music sound dry and the stereo separation is ok but not as good as many other amps in that price class. :T

Comment

• ac81017
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by wettou
            Classé is rubish!!! Whoa you should do yourself a favor and listen
            Classé is like a good looking woman without the brains :T

Comment

• Alaric
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Jan 2006

I've heard some Classe amps , and "rubbish" isn't how I would describe them. I haven't heard the Bladelius so I can't comment on them. I've heard several McIntosh amps and don't care for them-very good amps , just personal taste. Krell I like a lot-they produce absolute beasts. Krell amps are overkill for most applications. I love 'em. I also don't like Bryston's amps. Too "dry" for me. I also love a certain quad of 250 watt MFA tube amps I've heard driving a pair of B&W 801s. Extraordinary sound from that setup.
              Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
              Marantz PM-KI Pearl
              Schiit Modi 3
              Marantz CD5005
              Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"