X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

CT 7 Series?

Ok, I remeber reading/hearing about this series a while back and thought it was supposed to come out in 2007. Well 2007 is almost over. Anyone know what happened to the CT 7 Series?
    -Joe
  • crowland
    • May 2007

Were those the HT ones with the blue kevlar? If so, I thought it was a cool idea.

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Yea, those were the ones.

They were actually supposed to start at a very lower price point also...
      -Joe

Comment

• markov
        • Sep 2007

They were dispalyed at the latest CEDIA show. Here is a link to a short video: http://uk.cinenow.com/videos/1079-gr...edia-expo-2007

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

Yea I know I saw that. But there isn't a word on the B&W website and my dealer looks at me funny when I ask about them.
          -Joe

Comment

• crowland
            • May 2007

Thanks for the link to the video clip. That's quite possibly the most unprofessional and unpolished interview I've ever seen

I really like the whole idea, but my unqualified instinct of the series is that there probably isn't a big enough market to make such a venture worth while. We're talking about a dedicated HT room w/ just about no practical integration of the series into a shared or common living space. I could be wrong; usually am.

What I found most interesting from the video clip was that the series deviates from the normal metal tweeters that B&W uses. Maybe they sound better with lesser equip?

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

The LCRS's are going to ship first and that is supposed to be around the first of the year (although that may change). The subs will come later.

As a dealer, I like the concept of the CT800 and CT700 Series speakers. There are plenty of people that want all of the speakers hidden in their home theater but don't want to settle for small bookshelfs that don't play loud easily. That is what these speakers do. All of the CT Series speakers are meant to play loud. One of the reasons the CT700 Series have the tweeters they do is output. They have much higher sensitivity than other B&W speakers (especially at the price points) and have greater output capability. I think the metal domes that are in the CT800 Series is just too much money. The CT7.5 is $600.00 ea US, the CT7.4 is $1000.00 ea US, and the CT7.3 is $1500.00 ea US. The sensitivity ranges from 92dB 1W/1M to 94dB 1W/1M from smallish cabinets (the CT7.5 is 12in x 17.5in x 10.5in). I'm looking forward to hearing them myself.

Eric

Comment

• greggz
                • Jun 2002

Found PDF's on all the speakers in the CT700 line here:

Prices I've seen listed elsewhere are (US$)
                CT7.3 LCRS.............................................. .......... $1,500
                CT7.4 LCRS.............................................. .......... $1,000
                CT7.5 LCRS.............................................. .......... $600
                CT SW10.............................................. ............. $tba
                CT SW12.............................................. ............. $tba
                SA1000 Subwoofer Amplifier........................... $tba
                CT8.4 LCRS (Custom Theater 800 Series).... $4,000
                Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• joetama
                  • May 2006

I'm guessing that is price per speaker correct?
                  -Joe

Comment

• wgriel
                    • May 2006

Interesting - they use a cloth tweeter rather than aluminum. Do any other B&W series use a cloth tweeter or is this a brand new design?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"