HTM2D and SCMS arrived! Question re FS-HTM stand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

HTM2D and SCMS arrived! Question re FS-HTM stand?

Wow this HTM2D is bigger than I remember and friggin' heavy ... woodwork is amazing - only placed it for now have not hooked it up yet. Have not opened the SCMS yet as I want to mount them at same time and not have them sit open and in the way.

If I use the HTM stand the combined height does not clear my screen.

So on the FS-HTM does it come assembled or is there some self assembly required? Reason I ask is I would like to cut the legs slightly to allow it to fit my setup. Is this feasible ?
  • Relentless
    • Jul 2007

you have to put the stand together. I don't think it is possible to cut the legs because screws go into both ends.
    I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
    Lou

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

dayam ... thanks

Comment

• chin kwan
        • Jul 2006

Get the Sound Anchor one.. they have one for B&W HTM1.. I am using it right now.. Allows height adjustment and tilt with the spikes.. The guys there will happily throw in extra long spikes so you can use long in the front and short in the back to get desired tilt.. Also, sand fillable...

Comment

• beden1
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2006

I used this one and it works great, along with ability to tilt.
          Free shipping on TV stands, TV mounts, monitor stands & mounts, projector mounts and audio video racks by Premier Mounts, Peerless AV, Chief Mounts, Crimson, OmniMount & more. Buy from AV mounting experts.

Comment

• Stevebez
            • Oct 2003

Thanks guys ... got round to installing the SCMS over the weekend ... and wow what a revelation these units are ... build quality is awesome and it integrates with 803D/HTM2D seemlessly... very, very happy with these. For once my expectations were exceeded.

Question re setting - you guys remove the bungs or not? Set them to large or small ? What cross over you use if on small setting ?

Some pics will be done when I get a chance.

BTW on my setup I am bi-ampling the HTM2D with 2 channels from my Rotel 1075, biwired to the 803D's from the Rotel 1092 ... no perceived difference sonically, but had to bi-amp the HTM with the 1075 to get better dbl matching with the 1075 / 1092 combo.

With the setup now I am more confused as to which sound setting to use to listen to music!!!! ... in past it has always been 2.1 now they all sound great.... 3.1 is a favorite as is DolbyPL-Music. Need to re-EQ sub again and review once again.

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Stevebez
              Question re setting - you guys remove the bungs or not? Set them to large or small ? What cross over you use if on small setting ?
              I use my SCMS without the foam plugs, and I set to 'Small' with the crossover at 80Hz. I use mine with 805S/HTM4S, so the setting is the same all around.
              Brad

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"