• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

HTM2D Center speaker Stand options?

I'm in the market for a center stand for the HTM2D

I currently have it on a rigged up stand that is pretty ghetto

A APC-1500 UPS box, (with old heavy APC inside to make it stable) covered with a black cloth. :rofl:

This was a very temporary solution that has turned more permanent than I planned.

The pic i'm including was a very very early just as i was setting it up and plugging in for the first time... there is a 55 inch LED TV now on that furniture centrally behind the HTM2D. The walls are cement/brick

i'm interested to see any good ideas into alternates to the original B&W HTM stand and even any custom made options.

Thanks. Please include pics if you can.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I have these kind of stands. Quite nice.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2005

Thanks steve. I hope a few more chime in before my decission but this is what i was looking for.

Nikos
      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Nikos,

Glad to help. My turn. I see some sort of stand under your F113 sub. I have an F112 sub. What is that stand? Who makes it? I've considered something like that for my F112.

Comment

• HedgeHog
          • Dec 2008

Nikos,

While not conventional, I used a Solid Tech rack as my center speaker stand. That way, I also managed to stuff the F113 underneath it. Anyhow, this brought the height of the HTM2D closer to that of my L/R speakers.

-H
          Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
          Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
          B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
          Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
          Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

While not conventional, my HTM2D is wall mounted under the TV. Its sitting on microwave wall brackets, a cheap solution for supporting this weight, which you can barely see as they're obscured by the speaker. This little nugget is probably not very useful for the OP looking at his picture though

- Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• dukester
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by htsteve
              Nikos,

Glad to help. My turn. I see some sort of stand under your F113 sub. I have an F112 sub. What is that stand? Who makes it? I've considered something like that for my F112.
              htsteve,

was looking for something to angle my ctr channel just a few degrees upward since it sits on a stand and points at my chest. anyway, in my search, i came across this...

McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• nikos
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by htsteve
                Nikos,

Similar to what Dukester pointed to you...but slightly larger.

Its the Auralex Gramma pretty cheap and effective

It extends to the back a few inches past the sub (which does not bother me at all) and I felt more comfortable with this, I think if you use the other one suggested the sub will hang over the sides...

I could tell a big difference when I was using it on a carpet floor.
                My current tile on cement slab floor yields little difference to my ear.
                Well worth the $50

I'm re-doing this room in the following couple months and i'll post some pics with the final setup.

Comment

• nikos
                  • Dec 2005

[QUOTE=mjb] This little nugget is probably not very useful for the OP looking at his picture though

True. I'm trying to keep the speakers far from the wall so they can breathe.
                  Your setup does look nice and clean though

I hope we end up with a good variety of ideas for people to use when they come searching for ideas to mount their center

Nikos

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"