X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpullem
    • May 2006

HTM2D - Plugging rear port

I have listened to the 803Ds and want to purchase them along with the HTM2D. I want to put the HTM2D on a shelf just above my plasma TV. The shelf is in a large entertainment center (it's now being built) and is enclosed on all sides (except the front). The enclosure is 60" wide x 15" high x 17" deep.

I am concerned about putting the HTM2D on the shelf above the TV, I really can't put it anyplace else. A stand in front is not feasible. The store owner tells me if the bass sounds boomy, that the HTM2D is shipped with a plug for the back port and they can use it for my type of installation.

Have any of you used this plug for the back port? Are you satisfied with the sound?

I really want these speakers and want to make this work if at all possible.

Don
  • rolski
    • Feb 2005

I've the same speaker, and it's up against a back wall (the sides are in free-space) - I've never used the plug & never felt the centre is boomy at all.
    Yours may benefit from the plug though as you're totally enclosing the speaker - I think you should just try it & see if you prefer it with or without !

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"