X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relentless
    • Jul 2007

re-packing 802's

I am going to be picking up the new speakers and I have to bring the 802D's back. If I remember the original packaging has a base and a box that slides into the base and then there is a top and it was banded around the base and the top. Well I don't have a banding machine. Are there any ideas on what I can use to secure the box for moving the speakers, besides the obvious tape.

Thanks
    I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
    Lou
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Check out an office supply store, like Staples or OfficeMax. They have plastic and metal banding kits. I would use the metal kit for peace of mind but it costs more.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Tape will work fine if all you're doing is taking them back to the dealer. If you have to ship them, then the banding kits are the way to go.
      Danish

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Or just keep em!
        B&W

Comment

• Relentless
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by RebelMan
          Check out an office supply store, like Staples or OfficeMax. They have plastic and metal banding kits. I would use the metal kit for peace of mind but it costs more.
          Thanks that is what I was looking for.
          Originally posted by Race Car Driver
          Or just keep em!
          They would go to waste as surrounds. They already have a happy home waiting on them. The new ones are just like them only bigger and better.
          Lou

Comment

• jack667
            • Jul 2007

Lucky, lucky man..
            B&W 683. Advantage S-101. Mac Mini. 53,000 tunes.

Comment

• Relentless
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jack667
              Lucky, lucky man..
              Now if I was truly lucky the dealer would have thrown in a pair of mono blocks with the 800's. I have read you have to send in to B&W to get the spikes. Where does it say that?because I can not find it.
              Lou

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Relentless
                I have read you have to send in to B&W to get the spikes. Where does it say that?because I can not find it.
                Your dealer should obtain the spike kits on your behalf. If that is not possible then you can go to B&W directly but that really shouldn't be necessary if you are dealing with a reputable dealer, which most are.
                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Relentless
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by RebelMan
                  Your dealer should obtain the spike kits on your behalf. If that is not possible then you can go to B&W directly but that really shouldn't be necessary if you are dealing with a reputable dealer, which most are.
                  thanks, I will call him and I am sure he will take care of me.
                  Lou

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"