X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rado
    • Apr 2007

What was happen with my 704

Here is what was happen with my tweeter dome.
    Is it something very seriosly and can I fix it?

Thanks,
    Attached Files
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

Looks like somebody stuck a finger in it :-)

Is only one speaker affected or both?

Off hand, I believe a replacement tweeter costs around $75-100 (saw a post on here somewhere a while back ago)

Comment

• Iggurk
      • Jun 2006

+1 for a finger.

Don't you use the protection grid?????

Tweeter is very easy to change on 70x series.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

While waiting for replacement you might be able to pop it back out using some scotch tape to grab onto the dent and pull out or use a vacuum to suck out the dent. 8O

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Vaccum, don't use tape.

If you take the vacuum hose with no attachments and get it CLOSE to the tweeter, the negative air pressure will cause the dome to come back out into place. You do not and should never put the vacuum directly on the tweeter, but just keep getting it closer and closer until it pops back into place. Sometimes this works, others it doesn't, it also depends on how long ago it happened, after a while they will not want to go back to their original domed shape.

Good luck!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• WI Rotel
            • Jul 2006

:321:
            Sorry, had to :W
            Someone (look for the nearest child) gave it the finger. Obviously it was poked more than once since its a complex of dimples rather than one. Unfortunately, that type of damage cannot be fixed. If it were a simngle superficial indentation you try to pop it out with suction, but from the looks of it your dome is doomed :cry: (pun intended). You may be surprised that sound is little affected (to the ear). However, if it is, our you just can't live with the way it looks the tweeter will have to be replaced. I feel your pain.

Comment

• Glenee
              • Aug 2006

Somebody in the rado house is getting the what for about now if not a little later. Now that he know's what happen to his tweeter.
              Glenee

Comment

• hifiguymi
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2007

You should be able to replace just the diaphragm. There is no need to replace the whole tweeter and it's much less expensive. Call your dealer and they can get just the diaphragm.

Eric

Comment

• WI Rotel
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                  You should be able to replace just the diaphragm. There is no need to replace the whole tweeter and it's much less expensive. Call your dealer and they can get just the diaphragm.

Eric
                  This is correct but I'm wondering if BW will be willing just to fix it rather than just replace it since replacement is so much simpler.
                  Rado, please let us know how BW handles such occurences.

Comment

• BIF
                    • Jul 2007

i actually bought a tweeter for a cdm 9nt, the same tweeter and then returned the speaker to the ebay seller because the kevlar driver was broken as well.

i have the literally untouched tweeter in full packaging. i can sell it to you for $50. let me know.

Comment

• rado
                      • Apr 2007

Both speakers are affected.
                      O-h-h-h, these litle children fingers!

Comment

• rado
                        • Apr 2007

Wonder if I can replace just the diaphragm, otherwise can I replace whole tweeter myself, or have to take the speakers to my dealer?

Comment

• Iggurk
                          • Jun 2006

As I already told you, it's really easy to change the tweeter, just 4 screws and two cables to plug. less than 5min of work.

Comment

• Russ L
                            • Jul 2006

:scratchhead: A look inside a child's mind: "Why won't the speakers work when I push this button?" :cry:
                            Russ

Comment

• Kent Turb0
                              • Jun 2005

Deleted
                              Last edited by Kent Turb0; 16 June 2018, 21:15 Saturday.

Comment

• dknightd
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Russ L
                                :scratchhead: A look inside a child's mind: "Why won't the speakers work when I push this button?" :cry:
                                Maybe if I push it harder it will work - jab jab jab. Still nothing. Maybe this other button over here is the one. . . When you replace the tweeter you might want to leave the metal grill in place this time :W

Comment

• jjahshik32
                                  • Sep 2007

lol that's so weird because I just saw the 704's when I went back to the dealer to exchange my 602 s3 for the 705's and i remember looking at the tweeter on the 704 demo and saw that exact dent and I was like ohh shit i didnt do that so put the top back on quietly hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"