X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faintandfuzzy
    • Nov 2016

704 Tweeter Issue

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I recently noticed that the tweeter in the left speaker of my 704 is out. Before I look at ordering a replacement, is there anything I should look for? I'm no techie. I did take the tweeter housing off and the cables are still attached. Is it possible it isnt the tweeter and possibly the high frequency crossover instead?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

If you have a multimeter, put it on the resistance/ohms setting and connect it to the two terminals on the back of the tweeter after disconnecting one or both of the wires to the crossover. If it shows infinite resistance, the tweeter is bad. If it shows a few ohms, it's ok and the problem is likely in the crossover.

Comment

• Faintandfuzzy
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Kevin P
      If you have a multimeter, put it on the resistance/ohms setting and connect it to the two terminals on the back of the tweeter after disconnecting one or both of the wires to the crossover. If it shows infinite resistance, the tweeter is bad. If it shows a few ohms, it's ok and the problem is likely in the crossover.
      Thanks. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Faintandfuzzy
        • Nov 2016

Darn. Connected it up and the needle swung all the way over to 0 ohms instead of infinity...so I guess it is the crossover.

Comment

• Faintandfuzzy
          • Nov 2016

Well...never noticed the brass clips connecting the HF and MF speaker cables had become unlodged. Rather akin to checking to see if it was plugged in...LOL. Thanks for the advice though

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"