X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hallett
    • Jun 2006

New 802D

well I just picked up my new 802D'S today & wanted to say thanks for all the great info that you guys gave me on the speakers I'm so happy with them
    they are so nice . the Bryson 4B-sst works very well great amp .thinking about a 7B-SST to go with the 4B-SST from what I have been reading
    this works very well together. any advise would be great. :T :T
    I still need the spikes they are on the way. the black ash is the bomb ;x(
    Classe ssp-600
    Classe CA-M400 Monoblocks
    Classe CDP-100
    B&W 802D :T ;x(
    Velodyne DD-18 :T
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Njoy²

Comment

• Glenee
      • Aug 2006

Now you get to play with speaker placement. Once you get them where they HAVE to go play with the toe in before you get your spikes it's all in tweeter direction. Try toe in set to tweeter direction 2ft outside each shoulder in normal listening position. Then try pointed directly at EACH EAR not your face. I think you will find about a 3 inches out side of your shoulders very good at least that what mine came out to be with my room acoustics. When doing this use familiar songs on different CD's cause the main vocals will switch from dead center on various. Pick the middle of the road balance point. Also check midrange screw on back of speaker make sure after shippng it is as tight as you can get it with two fingers no wrenchs. Use two fingers index and the buisness finger as fork and torque. Congratulations I like mine in Black ASH also.
      Glenee

Comment

• Gump
        • Sep 2005

Congratulations Hallett!

Sounds like Havasu'll be rockin tonight!!

Comment

• Relentless
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Hallett
          well I just picked up my new 802D'S today . the Bryson 4B-sst works very well great amp .thinking about a 7B-SST to go with the 4B-SST from what I have been reading
          this works very well together.
          nice :T .... so are you planning on running the 4bsst bi-amping one speaker and the 7bsst bi-wire the other? that will work but probably sound different.
          I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
          Lou

Comment

• Hallett
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Relentless
            nice :T .... so are you planning on running the 4bsst bi-amping one speaker and the 7bsst bi-wire the other? that will work but probably sound different.
            Hello not sure yet witch way i will go
            i have the 4B-sst it works very well with the 802D. just trying to decide
            witch way would be best. would bi amping be your choice.

thanks . Hallett
            Classe ssp-600
            Classe CDP-100

Comment

• Hallett
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Glenee
              Now you get to play with speaker placement. Once you get them where they HAVE to go play with the toe in before you get your spikes it's all in tweeter direction. Try toe in set to tweeter direction 2ft outside each shoulder in normal listening position. Then try pointed directly at EACH EAR not your face. I think you will find about a 3 inches out side of your shoulders very good at least that what mine came out to be with my room acoustics. When doing this use familiar songs on different CD's cause the main vocals will switch from dead center on various. Pick the middle of the road balance point. Also check midrange screw on back of speaker make sure after shippng it is as tight as you can get it with two fingers no wrenchs. Use two fingers index and the buisness finger as fork and torque. Congratulations I like mine in Black ASH also.
              Glenee
              Thanks for the info i have been playing around with them
              some. i am so happy with them i have been reading trying to learn what
              works best as far as the set up. thanks for taking the time to help me
              i really appreciate it.
              Classe ssp-600
              Classe CDP-100

Comment

• Relentless
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Hallett
                Hello not sure yet witch way i will go
                i have the 4B-sst it works very well with the 802D. just trying to decide
                witch way would be best. would bi amping be your choice.

thanks . Hallett
                well funny you should ask. I am driving my 802D with a 4B-SST also. Now I have considered purchasing another 4B-SST and bi-amping the mains and purchasing a 3B-SST and bi-amping the center.
                Then I read that splitting the signal from the pre/pro with a Y splitter will degrade the signal. After much thought and reserching if you dont have a pre/pro that has channel outputs for by-amping you are better off with a pair of mono blocks.

I am going to just stay with the 4B-SST till I am ready to make the plunge to a pair of MC501s.
                Last edited by Relentless; 02 August 2007, 17:55 Thursday.
                I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                Lou

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"