X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sanman023
    • Apr 2007

N800 on the used market

hello...im ready to make the move from N802 to the N800...what is a reasonable fair price for the N800 on the used market...thanks
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

With my shopping prowes, about $500 for the pair...

Good luck with your hunt!
    B&W

Comment

• Sanman023
      • Apr 2007

thanks...

Comment

• Gremal
        • Apr 2007

For the N800...$500 for the pair? Am I missing something?
        Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
        Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
        B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
        VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
        Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• Sanman023
          • Apr 2007

yeah..i missed it too...but then again..im not that smart....

a client of mine wants to sell me his 800 and asked me to give him an offer...just wanted a ball park figure (im thinking half of msrp) so i can low ball him a little bit ($7500-$7700)...

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

For you new comers, RCD was at the right place and time when he hit the hifi jack pot about two years ago. He bought his pair of N802 for about $300 at a thrift store, that's right I said THREE HUNDRED dollars! If anyone could find a pair of N800 for $500 it would be him! That's the amusing part of his reply to this thread. To this day, the rest of us remain dumbfounded about his very fortunate happenstance.

Sanman, I think the price you have in mind is somewhat reasonable for a pair of well kept N800, IMO. Used N802 are going for about $4500 to $5000 which is about 50-60% of MSRP. If you are willing to sign up for Audiogon's BlueBook listings you may gain a better perspective of fair market value.

EDIT: There's a few pair of N800 going for between $7500 and $8200 on Agon now.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Gremal
              • Apr 2007

ahhhh!! It's making sense now.

Talk about a score. Wow. I didn't think such a find was possible in the electronic age where a couple mouseclicks will instantly show you the value of any speaker.

Before putting thousands more into a pair of nautilus speakers, I would recommend first weighing the pros/cons of putting that money toward a pair in the diamond line. Not only do you get the better highs but the Rohacell and new crossover and driver advancements may really be preferable to your ears compared to the N800.
              Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
              Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
              B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
              VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
              Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Sanman023
                hello...im ready to make the move from N802 to the N800...what is a reasonable fair price for the N800 on the used market...thanks
                I was eyeing the N800's but do not feel that it will be that much of an upgrade over my N801's. Ditto for the diamond series (but that is a personal preference). I will say that a JL Audio Fathon F113 made a huge improvement to my B&W's (I have a very large room).

Comment

• Sanman023
                  • Apr 2007

thanks for the replies, suggestions, and clarification on RCD's 802 score (i dont think ill ever be that lucky)....After thinking about..ive decided to save my lunch money for future speakers....im happy with the 802 and velodynes at the moment....but ive wonder what the 800 would sound like in my room....

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"