X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SF_VR6
    • Apr 2007

Bi-Wire Cable for my new CM7s

WOW !!!!!

I have decided to purchase Left/Right and Centers from B&W CM series.
    The sales guy wanted to sell me a pair of high-end bi-wires for 550.00 and 250.00 for the um less premium brand.

This seems crazy for some speaker wires! Is this the norm? Was I getting upsold? Do you guys have any suggestions on decent speaker wires that do not cost as much as my center speaker? :roll:

thanks in advance

D-
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The first rule of cable club is we don't talk cables
    The second rule of cable club is we don't talk cables
    The third rule of cable club - recommend Cat cables, I've not heard them but others here have said they are good value.

10 to 15 percent on system price on cables/interconnects seems to be the norm amongst the hifi heads I know. I will be in that ballpark when I finish buying cables - I'm doing it gradually to spread the pain.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Ted
      • May 2006

Originally posted by SF_VR6
      WOW !!!!!

I have decided to purchase Left/Right and Centers from B&W CM series.
      The sales guy wanted to sell me a pair of high-end bi-wires for 550.00 and 250.00 for the um less premium brand.

This seems crazy for some speaker wires! Is this the norm? Was I getting upsold? Do you guys have any suggestions on decent speaker wires that do not cost as much as my center speaker? :roll:

thanks in advance

D-
      Well, as Briz vegas stated, cable talk is bad here so I won't touch that.

However, when you get your new speakers, please come back and let us know what you think. I'm so happy with my 703s for 2 channel, that I've been playing with the idea of replacing my HT speakers with B & W too and have contemplated either the CM7 / CM setup or the 704 / HTM7 setup. Are you getting new surround speakers too and if so what are you using?

Thanks and good luck!
      Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• recall
        • Apr 2007

3 questions

I would ask you three questions:

1) knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your particular speaker, do you want something that balances those out?

2) how about just going for the most revealing cable that can be afforded?

3) bi-wire?

CAT cables are nice. They sound close to, but not as good as a pair of Kimble 4TC or 8TC.

I've found Analysis Plus cables to do a good job in softening up a bright B&W.

Nordost cables do a good job in making your B&W's reveal as much as they can.

Buy them used.

Hopefully, still relevant to the B&W topic. Others may have different experiences.

Comment

• SF_VR6
          • Apr 2007

Hi Recall,

1) I will be getting the CM7s with the matching CMCenter speakers in Wenge color. I have been utterly impressed with these speakers but I will "complete" the sound with a nice 10" Velodyne sub.

2,3) I am not sure what cables as of yet to purchase, but per B&W suggestion, I will be bi-wiring each speaker, though I doubt I will be paying 250 or more per pair.

I'll keep you guys posted with pics as well.

D-

Comment

• SF_VR6
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ted
            Are you getting new surround speakers too and if so what are you using?
            I have decided not to. My first HT system will be a 3.1 system

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"