DVD audio/SACD cable. Do they make a different?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hhcan
    • Mar 2005

DVD audio/SACD cable. Do they make a different?

I finally listen to DVD audio and it's really a big different comparing to 2 channel music. However, the SOUND comes from each speaker is so dull(like mono) comparing to the sound of 2 channel CD using the same type of cable (the cheap red/white pairs that come with every DVD player).

So which one is at fault:

1. DVD Audio player(I have HK dvd 31)
    2. Receiver (I have HK 630)
    3. RCA cable (I use 3 red/white pairs that everyone has extra in their home!)

Will it make a major different if I buy the Monster or Acoustic Researh DVD-A/SACD cable. These cables cost more than $100 so I'm not sure if the quality can justify the cost.

Thanks
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Upgrading from the basic red/white cables that come with your components will almost certainly make a significant improvement in the sound of your system. Between my Onkyo DV-SP1000 and Rotel RSP-1068, I use an upgraded cable (no names on this forum...) that costs about $40 per pair so what you're looking at is not really out of range for your equipment.
    Brad

Comment

• hhcan
      • Mar 2005

Can you recommend something short-like 3 feet or less? I'd like to know a good brand that I can purchase from. After all, this is why I joint the forum.

Thanks

Comment

• Patt
        • Feb 2005

Hi dexter,

I havent tried them but why not visit the sponser of this site, CAT Cables and see what they have to offer? My guess is it might be a big step up from factory issue. Now I'm wondering if I should do the same...
        ......Pat

Comment

• cuda65
          • Feb 2005

Send a message to Doug at CatCables. (aka: Lex on this forum) He can help you out with recomendations for your system and budget. I bought his SilverCats and I am very happy with the results. They replaced other name brand cables. Good luck!
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"