X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejuanpiman
    • Nov 2006

Good time yesterday

Well I went to a B&W presentation yesterday organized with the Criteria ppl up in FT. Lauderdale Florida, anyways had a chance to meet some really nice people. I met the President of Criteria really nice guy and he was able to demonstrate the 800 and the 802 series for me in stereo setup and 5.1, well him and a B&W representative that I dont recall his name right now and goes on this forum by annonimouse..., I have to say I was really really impressed by the sound of the 800's they are more clear sounding thanmy 705's, but the biggest diffrence is how fuller the sound feels, it does not feel thin like mine hence the speaker size... , sound stage was quite bigger than mine, now this could be due to the fact the room was pretty small, so they werent set apart much, overall there is a really big diffrence, and I do plan on aquiring these in the next 5 mths or so together with some classe equpiment, nothing big just wanted to comment on my expierience.

Juan Manjarres
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Congrats on the experience, Juan! That's a pretty BIG jump from the 705 all the way to the 800D! :E :E
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ejuanpiman
      I do plan on aquiring these in the next 5 mths or so together with some classe equpiment, nothing big just wanted to comment on my expierience.
      Thanks for sharing Juan. As an 800D and Classé Delta owner myself, I find the combination quite blissful too. :B Not only were the two brand names voiced in perfect harmony with one another they were stylishly created by the same designer, Morton Warren.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• ejuanpiman
        • Nov 2006

Thanks guys for the responses, Joey V im going actually to the 802d's and yes I know big jump but it was only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"