X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mannoiaj
    • Feb 2007

600s2 series tweeter replacement

i have a b&w lcr6s2 with a damaged tweeter and a b&w cc6s2 with a non-damaged tweeter. Can I take the tweeter out of the cc6s2 and put it in the lcr62s w/ perfect match? Is it the same tweeter? How about 601s2's? are these the same tweeters as well? thanks in advance.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

I think they are the same tweeter, but you should call B&W's tech support and ask them. A new tweeter diaphragm is pretty cheap and easy to install however so I would just order a new one. You don't need a whole new tweeter.

Eric

Comment

• Ryx
      • Oct 2005

you can't use the 601s2 tweeters as replacement if the lcr is near a tv because the 601s2s are not magneticly shielded. the tweeter in the lcr6s2 is shielded so i would suggest replacing it with another shielded tweeter. the CC6s2 may have the same tweeter but I am not sure(I would be surprised if it didn't have the same one) you can ask B&W and they will let you know.

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I would just buy a new replacement, the diaphram is only $27 from B&W
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• mannoiaj
          • Feb 2007

took apart my speakers, used the 601 tweet in my lcr6, put the lcr6 back together and wallah. The magnets and housing for the speakers tweeters differ, I think this is maybe what is making the lcr6s2 magnetically shielded. In any event, the tweeter portion of the 601s2 is now happily getting use in its new housing. I ran avia test tones w/ spl meter and timbre tested vs my 605s2's, good as new. The center rests on top of my big screen rptv and no sign of shielding issues, so all seems well. thanks for your replies guys.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"