Is anyone interested in a W4-1337s woofer / RS28a tweeter project?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fjhuerta
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2006

Is anyone interested in a W4-1337s woofer / RS28a tweeter project?

I was wondering...

Ever since really starting reading and learning about speakers, I finally designed something I really, really like. It's an MTM based on the Tang Band W4-1337s titanium woofers, and the shielded version of the RS28a.

The project came to be because I found out I didn't really like the sound of the W4's on a full-range cabinet, and I had a set of spare shielded RS28a. I realize they aren't the most logical drivers out there. After all, the Tang Bands are almost $50 each, and the shielded version of the tweeter isn't the preferred one (I got them because of a PE error, and they said shipping them back would cost them more than me just keeping them).

Still, after comparing them to my Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, and my Energy Connoisseur C-3, C-5 and C-7's, I'm pretty happy with their sound.

If anyone is interested, I can post the design. As I said before, they aren't the most popular (or logical) drivers ouot there, so I could say it's more of a project that came to be because I hated looking at those drivers laying around.
    Javier Huerta
  • joecarrow
    • Apr 2005

I wouldn't personally be interested in building that type of project right now, so I wouldn't ask you to go to the trouble of a detailed description- but how about a picture? How big are the enclosures? I might build my own computer desk speakers some day, and I can't rule out any particular woofers.
    -Joe Carrow

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"